Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad day for this hobby

For those who knew him, Dan Morgan of the Magic City Car Modelers passed away at 3:20 this morning, I know some of you here knew him.

He was a great friend and you could not meet a better ambassador for this hobby. The man was a great friend and was a groomsman at my wedding. There is a big hole in my life today.

Chris Louden

I was really saddened to hear about Dan; he cheated death previously but this time it got him.

He was a great guy, and he'll be sorely missed. He's paid for a table at our show in November :D

I've always found some neat models at his table; often I'd get the oddball import stuff that nobody else wanted. He got a collection of promos a few years back at the B'ham show, and he let me take a look at the loot behind his table. There was a damaged '69 Impala that I was interested in, and at the next show in Chattanooga we struck a deal for it. I wanted it because it was one of only two years of Impala models I was missing.

Here's the Impala, it was a great model to restore, I always think of Dan when I look at it, and he seemed to like the results too:

Dscn5805-vi.jpg

Dscn5811-vi.jpg

Dscn5813-vi.jpg

Dscn5819-vi.jpg

Dscn5817-vi.jpg

I was really saddened to hear about Dan; he cheated death previously but this time it got him.

He was a great guy, and he'll be sorely missed. He's paid for a table at our show in November :lol:

I've always found some neat models at his table; often I'd get the oddball import stuff that nobody else wanted. He got a collection of promos a few years back at the B'ham show, and he let me take a look at the loot behind his table. There was a damaged '69 Impala that I was interested in, and at the next show in Chattanooga we struck a deal for it. I wanted it because it was one of only two years of Impala models I was missing.

Here's the Impala, it was a great model to restore, I always think of Dan when I look at it, and he seemed to like the results too:

Dscn5805-vi.jpg

Dscn5811-vi.jpg

Dscn5813-vi.jpg

Dscn5819-vi.jpg

Dscn5817-vi.jpg

Bob, knowing Dan the way I did, I can tell you he loved it! He thought a lot of you and that I know for sure.

One of the small things I will miss, is that when he bought collections and pieces and stuff, if there was odd weird or pieces of Mopars, be it trucks cars or just bits and pieces, EVERY time I hit a show, he had a "Chris' Bag of Mopar Junk" that he gave me.

He was like a brother to me and was instrumental this year when I went through a divorce in keeping me from losing my mind.

I'll miss him a bunch and as I said, there is a BIG hole in my life now.

I did not know Mr. Morgan, but if he was in this hobby of ours then he was family. My sincerest condolences goes out to his family.

Same here, I do not know him either....but no matter what, it is sad to hear of good people passing on. My prayers are also sent to Dan's Family

Edited by RadRidesByDan