Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toledo NNL pictures-lots of them!

Had a great time, as usual. Actually this was the best NNL Nationals I've had!

Did anybody catch the date for next year's event? I missed it!

My mom took these photos, they are better then the ones I took and more of them, as well!

2008OhioTripMom025-vi.jpg

2008OhioTripMom026-vi.jpg

2008OhioTripMom045-vi.jpg

2008OhioTripMom085-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/mode...tionals-29-mom/

And these are mine! It was my first time selling models ever! I still have the Tbuggy, Racer's Wedge/Camper, Ala Kart, Rolls Royce and 59 Corvette which is missing the big wheels and tires. I planned to use the funds from the sale of the models to buy stuff in the vendor room so I didn't get everything I wanted but I was able to get some cool stuff anyway. If that Corvette had the big wheels and tires, I literally could have sold that a dozen times over. I guess I should not have given the wheels and tires away! I don't know if I'll do it again, maybe I will bring these back next year or list them on eModelCars or something.

2008OhioTrip061-vi.jpg

Gregg at work!

2008OhioTrip082-vi.jpg

four of the 20 TNMCC Snaptight Project cars made the trip to Toledo, Doug Whyte's and mine, in this photo, and Jim Devine and Rick Hanmore brought theirs as well. We all got these kits on September 14th with the deadline of October 6th to have them done, and 20 showed up! My build actually sparkles like crazy in the sun, but it just does not photograph. It's Testors One Shot Lacquer blue with Model Master Lacquer AMC Sterling Silver Metallic and it has a thread in the Under Glass section, probably on page two or three now, or even lower. It shouldn't be too hard to find, as I don't start many threads in there!

2008OhioTrip111-vi.jpg

One of my builds got photographed! Not by MCM though. It's only the second time a model of mine has gotten a photo card under it!

2008OhioTrip131-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/mode...nationals-2008/

Billy

:lol: Billy, my man, it sure was cool to meet ya an thanks for lettin me hang with ya! The pics are great! Wasn't them some of the BEST models yad ever seen? Man I hope we get to hook up again next year Bro, caz I'll definatey be there! Thanks for introducin me to so many guys, I wouldn'ta met em any other way! Again, Hope ta see ya next year!!! :lol:

Billy. It was good to meet you and your mom. I did find my shoes before the show.

I will be back next year too.

After we went out to eat I stopped by room 121 and no body was there. Did you have the meeting in another place.

I will try to make in next year

Thanks Dave