Model Cars Magazine Forum

"ORANGE DELIGHT" 1950 CHEVY P/U

408models

B) Ok 408, Don lies tu mee. Ju had too MUCH Corona an cut off de top by mistake?eh? Well bro, it wont a bad move, caz it looks pretty cool already! Let us see that bad boy when it's all finished up, caz it looks like it's gonna be a cool ride!!! :lol:

:D ROFLMAO

GOOD ONE BRO

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS :D

B) ######,408,mebe I should pop a Corona too,Cause that lil truck is gonna be sharp! Do love the color, it really goes with the look I think your goin for.The wheels an rims are gonna do that rascal proud! :D

:lol: too much bro, give the corona method a try, got my mind workin. lol

just not too sure bout the under carriage, i did want to add the chrome suspension but then i would have to send them out and i really wanna finish it. my other option was 2 toning the axle leaf springs??? ANY SUGGESTIONS??

:) too much bro, give the corona method a try, got my mind workin. lol

just not too sure bout the under carriage, i did want to add the chrome suspension but then i would have to send them out and i really wanna finish it. my other option was 2 toning the axle leaf springs??? ANY SUGGESTIONS??

try this

paint the axle one color and the leaf springs a different color

:) 408, maybe if ya did the chassis in a nice contrasting color, like a nice Root Beer brown, or somethin like that, it would help? You could really do some nice detail painting or somethin that would still make the chassis "pop" without the need for chrome.Just an idea, but whatever you do, that lil truck is gonna be a killer!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi !

ABSOLUTLY GREAT PAINT SHOP !!!!!!!!

whow i love it !

can you tell me how you made this? - basecoat kandy - flakes - and than clear ?

which color do you use for this incredible job?

greets jürgen

I DID A SILVER BASE, THEN USED KRAGENS METALSPECS ORANGE, THEN ON TOP OF THAT I USED KRAGANS DUPLI COLOR METALCAST. LAST WOULD BE CLEAR. ALL IN THAT ORDER :lol:

This is one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen! ######! What kind of paint do yu use? Is it Zero?

FOR THIS ONE IT WAS KRAGEN AUTO STORE PAINTS. SAME AS ABOVE QUOTE.

:lol: 408, I gots ta agree wit Broch on this one Dude, That paint is TOO cool! Great mural on the firewall, Just HOW DID you do that? Mebbe next time ya paint one, you could take some WIP pics! Hey THAT would make a GREAT how-to-article for the Mag!!!! :lol: (Hint,Hint)

THE MURAL WAS A DECAL MADE BY A GUY ON ANOTHER WEBSITE. MIGHT TRY THE HOW-TO NEXT TIME. :lol: