Model Cars Magazine Forum

need help with ideas for high school marketing final

so at the end of the semester in my marketing class i have a big final exam project. basically i have to come up with a product and market it, if possible i can make the item or something close to it. i can make a video for it or a big elaborate presentation. im good at videos but for this ill have to do a presentation.

so my product that im going to be marketing is a car line, i will make a model for each car model in my line. im going to probably have to copy another car pretty closely to keep things cheap and uncomplicated. ill probably have to get pictures of the interior from another car so i can have something for my large poster board along with photoshoped pictures of the real car.

basically my line will be practically the same car but the car above it will have nicer suspension, interior, options, better wheels, and a larger engine. this is a very sportsy car, im leaning towards a ferrari of some sort or maybe a porsche

my line will be like this:

base model- smaller engine, more fuel efficient. premium wheels and tires. more of an economy package. still a nice car, just not all the bells and whistles.

grand touring model- most likely a convertible. slightly nicer tires and wheels. nicer interior. all the regular options, more larger more powerful engine than the base.

Supercar model- this is the biggest, baddest version. probably will be a coupe (strengthened chassis), largest engine, most likely something like a twin/quad turbo v10 or v12. best interior possible with the nicest wheels and tires. basically something like a enzo Ferrari or equivalent

now i need some help.. what car would work good for this? and where could i get the parts fairly cheap? i really dont have alot of money but i REALLY want to do this project, its something i can really get into. ill probably get something like the revell kits from hobby lobby since i can get them on sale so i can get 3 bodies and frames for about $30 all together.

if anyone would like to donate to my project any pieces that could be of help at all id really appreciate it.

Connor, I would sugest using a mustang as they are plentyful, the U S companies market the kit as opposed to you're idea of Ferrari and Porshe, both foriegn. You say you dont have a lot of money, hey what student ever did? P M me as to what help you need O K ? Ed Shaver

I was going to suggest you go with an East European start up company, that way you could use the readily available models of 1950's American cars with minor changes. :)

You see, many Russian and East European cars strongly resemble American cars of the 50's.

Connor, I would sugest using a mustang as they are plentyful, the U S companies market the kit as opposed to you're idea of Ferrari and Porshe, both foriegn. You say you dont have a lot of money, hey what student ever did? P M me as to what help you need O K ? Ed Shaver

i love mustangs, i have one myself (in the sig) but im starting to feel like im making too many mustangs, im almost done with my 5th this year. id really like to have something more european, mid engined supercar-like.

our hobby lobby is VERY well stocked with different models for very good prices, so i can find a great assortment of cars. any other ideas?

Doe's It have to be mid engine? I mean you could always do the Corvette, American muscle, but with you're own body mods, and what not's, maybe I'm just talk'n out the side of my neck here, But you wouldnt have to buy a bunch of diffrent kits to make you're point, you would be able to use what you have In a part's box, plus a few kits, but there's my two cent's...

Edited by unforgiven

Doe's It have to be mid engine? I mean you could always do the Corvette, American muscle, but with you're own body mods, and what not's, maybe I'm just talk'n out the side of my neck here, But you wouldnt have to buy a bunch of diffrent kits to make you're point, you would be able to use what you have In a part's box, plus a few kits, but there's my two cent's...

nope, just saying its what i have in mind. i like american muscle, i just wanted to do something ive never done beofre. im thinking about maybe a viper since it could have alot of space in the engine compartment for different sized engines. im really liking the audi r8s too... just trying to get some ideas on what would work and what wouldnt

if you buy kits fom hobby lobby dont forget to print the 40% off cupons they offer online to help with your cost nomatter what car you decide to use. i just used some yesterday and saved $2 a can on the new testors paints. also watch as this past week kits were on sale at 30 % off regular price. hope this helps.

if you buy kits fom hobby lobby dont forget to print the 40% off cupons they offer online to help with your cost nomatter what car you decide to use. i just used some yesterday and saved $2 a can on the new testors paints. also watch as this past week kits were on sale at 30 % off regular price. hope this helps.

thats why im going to hobby lobby, we have a hobby town USA here but the prices are way too high. last week i bought 3 models for like $35 all together. or something around that, SA-WEET!

im probably going wednesday to scope out what im getting for the project.

:D Conor, Conor, use some imagination! Listen, when I was in High school I did a comercial using snippits from top 40 records about a ficticious Body shop. Wel, my General Business teacher cornered me after class. He said I should persue a career in copywrghting copy for advertising agencies. Well, I did attend the school of Business at Virginia Commonwealth University and I did one year at U C L A. I still wound up getting my Chauffers Class A and I fooled around North Hollywood near George Barriss shop and Painted cars.

The point is , think outside of a comforatable peramiter man, you wont be sorry. Ed Shaver :lol:

well i thought outside of the box and started one of the cars, i decided to do 3 different cars, not 3 of the same body but different options/engines. i decided to use a corvette body i have sitting around (06 z06 i think) and im started cutting and working with it,its going to be a FWD mid engine or AWD and mid engined, not totally sure yet. i would like to use the corvettes engine but i think a ferrari v12 would look beautiful in it. i plan to make it kinda like the GTM corvette (google it, its a kit car) with maybe a little bit of ferrari and a tiny bit of pagani zonda.

now time to find a ferarri v12 and some nice wheels! any got the engine laying around somewhere?