Model Cars Magazine Forum

If you have a subscription to NHRA tv or thinking about signing up they have posted previously recorded races to fill in for this year. Earliest race is the 1972 Winternationals that has a lot of great reference for building. There is a ton of races from the 80s and 90s too posted. Funny to see they were recorded on TNN network, USA Sports and Speedvision. Definitely worth the price plus membership.

8 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

If you have a subscription to NHRA tv or thinking about signing up they have posted previously recorded races to fill in for this year. Earliest race is the 1972 Winternationals that has a lot of great reference for building. There is a ton of races from the 80s and 90s too posted. Funny to see they were recorded on TNN network, USA Sports and Speedvision. Definitely worth the price plus membership.

The TNN Network was one of the founding TV stations for complete coverage of NHRA and many others. Then the sanctioning bodies got well known and could demand a larger payback from the TV stations and they dumped a lot of the Channels that made them a household name including TNN. I like seeing the old interviews with everyone in their Bell Bottom Pants. 

Diamond P Sports did the production for the NHRA series many years shown through TNN, I have all of their year in review video tapes from 1986-1999 and a few other other drag related videos, NHRA released the year in review tapes again on DVD some years back.
I bought the first tapes back in 1989-90 and it was on those videos I first saw John Force and has been a fan of his ever since.
Between 2007 and 2011 NHRA did year in review DVD's again and a few other drag related DVD's but they stopped...I also have these.
But I don't know if the live coverage of the eliminations started by TNN in the mid 90's  did the sport any good, drag racing have the tendency to take time with crashes and oil downs and at least I prefer to see taped races.

We had a cable channel available to us in Europe called Screen Sport who showed NHRA races back in the late 80's early 90's, this channel disappeared 1993 and we had nothing for many years until the ESPN America channel came 2009 and I could see more...then that channel disappeared 2013 so now we have nothing again.
So NHRA TV is the only way I can follow the series as they don't do any DVD's anymore.

Edited by Force