Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Bill Elliott Thunderbird

THarrison351

This is a 1980-82 Thunderbird body used by the Ford teams. Bill and several others continued to use them for the 1983 year on short tracks and the road course at Riverside because aero wasn't as important. It's a lot like his car that his first win came in at Riverside. It's not a road course car. I purchased a group of three kits in a Legends kit which had Neil Bonnet and Benny Parsons on the box. The extra kit had everything but the glass. I think I used clear acetate as a substitute on one of them. I'll know once it's posted. This one has aftermarket decals from Slixx. Painted with standard Testors red and white paints and detail painted.

05252012572-vi.jpg

0525201257a2-vi.jpg

0525201257b2-vi.jpg

0525201257c2-vi.jpg

05252012582-vi.jpg

0525201257d2-vi.jpg

05252012592-vi.jpg

Edited by THarrison351

19 hours ago, Bill J said:

Great job on the very hard to mask car. It looks perfect. I have a set of those decals but always chicken to try to mask it up!

Thanks! What I usually do is photocopy the decals and then cut them carefully and use them as a template for making my masks. It works well most of the time. Also it turns out after a little studying, this is the car with the acetate windows. No window straps on the windshield gave it away.

• 1 year later...