Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

House of Kolor Paint

If it's the Kustom Kolor paints by Valspar that were marketed in a predatory way that said the paints were "from the makers of HOK paint", well...it's discontinued. The hobby shops will get no more. It's not very good paint anyway. Good riddance, IMHO. The colors were a bit muddy, the paint was an odd type of acrylic enamel that required a special thinner, many builders had problems w/the paint cracking...not good.

This is the garbage I'm talking about

If you want real HOK paints for models, order from Black Gold. The colors are much more pure, much more vivid. My only suggestion would be if you airbrush it to try to find Gunze/Mr. Hobby Mr. Color Thinner or Tamiya lacquer thinner to thin these paints. Much safer than using automotive lacquer thinners, and the paint will flow a bit nicer as well.

Get Real House of Kolor Paint Here From Black Gold

If it's the Kustom Kolor paints by Valspar that were marketed in a predatory way that said the paints were "from the makers of HOK paint", well...it's discontinued. The hobby shops will get no more. It's not very good paint anyway. Good riddance, IMHO. The colors were a bit muddy, the paint was an odd type of acrylic enamel that required a special thinner, many builders had problems w/the paint cracking...not good.

This is the garbage I'm talking about

If you want real HOK paints for models, order from Black Gold. The colors are much more pure, much more vivid. My only suggestion would be if you airbrush it to try to find Gunze/Mr. Hobby Mr. Color Thinner or Tamiya lacquer thinner to thin these paints. Much safer than using automotive lacquer thinners, and the paint will flow a bit nicer as well.

Get Real House of Kolor Paint Here From Black Gold

Good information guys. :rolleyes: