Model Cars Magazine Forum

McLaren, famous for their incredible success in Formula 1, designed the MP4-12C which used a carbon fibre composite chassis, and is powered by a longitudinally-mounted 3.8 Litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine and produced a small number of cars in order for them to compete in the FIA Group GT3. The 1/24 scale Fujimi kit is enhanced by the use of photoetched parts and carbon fibre decals. Paint is Zero Paints McLaren colour matched with Tamiya lacquer gloss coat with Alclad metal lacquers.  Hope you enjoy.

Steve Hansford

Melbourne, Australia.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Steve - it's Simon from WSMC: long time no see! Hope lock down has been keeping you busy?

I was perusing this section of the forums for the first time and came across this one from you. I didn't realise it was you until I saw your name at the bottom. I had no idea you were on here

As always mate, your car builds are spectacular and this is no exception. I haven't seen to many of these but then I also wasn't looking. I'd like to make a street version of this car - one with a normal interior but using the race body kit, however, I'm not sure if there is a kit of the standard car out there that isn't a diecast

I'm going to have to check out your other works now and see what else you've been doing with your time ;)