Model Cars Magazine Forum

Happy Birthday Marines

This may not be model related but there are a few modelers here that are/were Marines.

I just wanted to wish all the current and former Marines a Happy 233rd Birthday. The following is the Birthday Message from General John A. Lejeune. Credit Wikipedia.

MARINE CORPS ORDERS

No. 47 (Series 1921)

HEADQUARTERS U.S. MARINE CORPS

Washington, November 1, 1921

759. The following will be read to the command on the 10th of November, 1921, and hereafter on the

10th of November of every year. Should the order not be received by the 10th of November, 1921, it

will be read upon receipt.

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental

Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is

fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the

glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous

military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the

Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the

Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home,

generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every

corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves

with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come

to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received

from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit

which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of

the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal

to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will

regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of

the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

JOHN A. LEJEUNE,

Major General Commandant

75705--21

Whether you did one tour and got out, or did a full career, in the mind of all current Marines, once a Marine, always a Marine. We thank you for your services of making the Marine Corps what it is today.

Comments welcome, though if you have negative comments please keep them to yourself. This is not a post for negativity.

Clay,

Happy Birthday to you and all of our proud Marines. You all provide a sense of security for those of us who call the U.S. home and abroad to many foreigners.

I want to thank you for your service and also to your contributions here in the forum. Your Marine training shows through in your demeanor and positive attitude displayed here on the forum.

My 15 year old son was disappointed to hear that his high school JROTC program was switching from an Army branch to a Marine branch next year. I reminded him that the important thing to remember is honor to his country and flag, regardless of which branch he serves under. I think he will do just fine as a Marine JROTC officer next year, much like he is doing as a Army JROTC officer this year.

Thanks again for all that you do, everyday, alllowing me and my family to be free.

Semper Fi!

Mike

Clay,

Happy Birthday to you and all of our proud Marines. You all provide a sense of security for those of us who call the U.S. home and abroad to many foreigners.

I want to thank you for your service and also to your contributions here in the forum. Your Marine training shows through in your demeanor and positive attitude displayed here on the forum.

My 15 year old son was disappointed to hear that his high school JROTC program was switching from an Army branch to a Marine branch next year. I reminded him that the important thing to remember is honor to his country and flag, regardless of which branch he serves under. I think he will do just fine as a Marine JROTC officer next year, much like he is doing as a Army JROTC officer this year.

Thanks again for all that you do, everyday, alllowing me and my family to be free.

Semper Fi!

Mike

Mike,

I couldn't have said it better!! No matter what you think of past, current or future wars, we have to give thanks to those who serve and protect this GREAT country!!

Lastly, thanks to you directly, Clay, for supporting our country and this hobby. I proudly consider you to be one of my friends.

Regards,

Thank you all for the kind words. This isnt just for me, this is for everyone who was/is a Marine. This is our second birthday. Yse it was 2 days early because we had ou ball last night.

Again I appreciate all the good comments and from all the Marines I am with, Thank you.

To all Marines, my Heroes:

You left your home at an early age and arrived either at San Diego, Parris Island or Quantico. You were "greeted" and told to get off the bus and stand on those Yellow Footprints that so many had stood on before. You accepted the challenge of Marine Corps Recruit Training. After many hours, days, weeks, and months of the most grueling physical and emotional hardship, you earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, and most importantly, for the rest of your life, you earned the Title of United States Marine.

Not stopping there, you received more specialized training and learned to function perfectly and professionally in what will be your job.

At every moment, you knew that there may someday be a time when your country would call on you to defend Her freedom. And when that call comes, no Marine ever hesitates; nor do they wither in the face of any battle, however treacherous.

I am the beneficiary of this hard work and sacrifice. I enjoy the freedom and liberty that is a direct product of your service. Because of this, EVERY one of you, from Private to Commandant, is addressed by me as Sir or Ma'am.

Happy Birthday Clayton Jones, Sergeant of Marines, Sir.

(P.S. Clay, the USMC '55 is making its debut at the LIARS contest today, in honor of Monday's Birthday)

To all Marines, my Heroes:

You left your home at an early age and arrived either at San Diego, Parris Island or Quantico. You were "greeted" and told to get off the bus and stand on those Yellow Footprints that so many had stood on before. You accepted the challenge of Marine Corps Recruit Training. After many hours, days, weeks, and months of the most grueling physical and emotional hardship, you earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, and most importantly, for the rest of your life, you earned the Title of United States Marine.

Not stopping there, you received more specialized training and learned to function perfectly and professionally in what will be your job.

At every moment, you knew that there may someday be a time when your country would call on you to defend Her freedom. And when that call comes, no Marine ever hesitates; nor do they wither in the face of any battle, however treacherous.

I am the beneficiary of this hard work and sacrifice. I enjoy the freedom and liberty that is a direct product of your service. Because of this, EVERY one of you, from Private to Commandant, is addressed by me as Sir or Ma'am.

Happy Birthday Clayton Jones, Sergeant of Marines, Sir.

(P.S. Clay, the USMC '55 is making its debut at the LIARS contest today, in honor of Monday's Birthday)

Yhanks Frank, thats great. I need some of those decals and to learn how to paint that way so I can do a NASCAR kit like that.

Thank you to all the marines on this board as you celebrate 233 years!

Your sacrifice and dedication are not unnoticed.

Thanks James, like you said I am not the only one here. So this is for everyone.