Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alfa Romeo

FenderMender

Here's one you don't see everyday on the open road...

at least not here in the States. It's a 1:24 scale Motor Max Alfa Romeo 159 Sportswagon. Unusual model in that all windows are shown in the up position. Two doors open and that's it, however. Wheels roll on straight metal axles, so no steering. Bargain brand, no engine.  Tight-fitting hood opens up revealing an all black , one-piece engine. Shut line was so tight I thought it was sealed.                       But it is an Alfa. And that's a good thing for those who like Alfas.

414473068.jpg

414473065.jpg

414473064.jpg

414473063.jpg

414473062.jpg

414473061.jpg

Edited by FenderMender
my mistake- model DOES have an engine!

1 hour ago, randyc said:

Hood looks like a separate part, but doesn't open?  Hmmmm, wonder if there is a plan for a more detailed version at some point?  Or am I not seeing it correctly?  Interesting piece.

Sorry about that Randy. You are absolutely right.  It does indeed have an opening hood and an engine underneath. Before shooting the pictures, I checked the chassis' bottom and it just was one piece with the engine and transmission and all the other components included in the single mold. I assumed the hood was sealed, too, as it was quite tight fitting.  So much for assumptions. I should have checked further before hastily taking pictures. LOL

JT, that makes perfect sense due to you being in a very large metropolis and in the big state of Texas where everything is bigger!  Since I live in a "rural" state and sparsely populated to boot,  spotting any foreign cars are on the rarer side.  The only Alfa that I know of here is an older vintage restored convertible one owned by my niece which isn't driven in public very much at all. As for newer foreign models, have never seen one.  Seen a couple of Maseratis, a Fiskar, two or three Ferraris and Lambos, and an older De Tomasa  over the years. LOL