Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's my MEGATRON build from the Flame Toys kit.  My inner kid is a huge '80's Transformers fan, so this was a must have for me.

Paint and glue are not necessary for these kits, but they certainly enhance the final product and is the difference between a toy and a display model.

Haven't spent much time at the work bench lately, so this build was done on and off again over a 10 month period.  Realistically, the build could be done in a couple of days if you were dedicated to it, or less than an hour out of the box.

Decided to not use the toy like stickers that come with the kit.  Mine was the IDW Autobot version, so the only thing not box stock on this is the metal transfer of the Decepticon logo on the chest I had in my parts box. Used Alclad II Burnt Metail for the skeletal components of the limbs, Valejo and Tamiya acrylics for everything else.

Did some weathering to depict years of battle with the Autobots - pleased with the final result.  Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Intmd8r

• 2 weeks later...