Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polishing with 1 inch sponge pads

Gidday,

I have been getting really good results with a dremel and wool attachment, but I have seen some people using sponge pads on a dual action polisher and getting great results. A great example is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83pORseuK8&t=717s

Does anyone know of a cheap polisher that can go very slowly and also handle the possible extra torque required for these sponge pads.  I think it may be a bad idea to use them on my dremel as it could over heat. I do have a drill which would probably work be be fairly clumsy.

Thanks

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:26 PM, BDSchindler said:

That looks great! Since posting this topic, I found you can buy a back plate that fits a dremel (usually used for sanding but I will use to attach sponge pads), and then can also buy the sponge pads all from aliexpress. It cost me approx. $12USD for all of this. Hope it turns up soon!

Thanks

Mike

I’m toying with the idea of using a battery operated electric toothbrush and modifying it to take sanding and polishing pads. Still in the mental experiment stage.? Not an original idea though, I think it was deep in this forum somewhere!