Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paasche H series question

My plunger has jammed. I haven't used it in a few years. So i'm going to disassemble it and clean it out. Maybe use a little needle juice on it. The question I have for anyone who's done this before is this. Part A-23A is holding back a spring. Is there so much tension on this little thing that it'll go shooting across the room? I'm a little hesitant because of this. lol  I haven't touched anything model related ina  few years, so i'm a little gun shy i  guess

Mike

I haven’t taken mine apart, but if you are worried about it, try this. Once you have cracked the screw (A-23A) loose, put the airbrush and your hand onto a clear plastic bag (like a bread bag?) and secure it around your wrist with a rubber band. Then unscrew it completely and if it gets away it will stay inside the bag. Good luck.

5 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I haven’t taken mine apart, but if you are worried about it, try this. Once you have cracked the screw (A-23A) loose, put the airbrush and your hand onto a clear plastic bag (like a bread bag?) and secure it around your wrist with a rubber band. Then unscrew it completely and if it gets away it will stay inside the bag. Good luck.

Sound silly but hell I'm gonna do it anyway! Thanks! I'll let ya know how it works out!