Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021 Brockway 361 "Widow Woman" from Movie Convoy

• 4 months later...

Long overdue update, lack of progress due to lack of motivation and other things.  Cab is fit to chassis and the chassis is ready for paint.  Cab needs finish color coat, then some clear.  Interior is next, and at some point I have to figure out how to do the door decals.  I've been looking for a good clear shot of the door (pre-roll).  Even if it's in B&W I can add the colors.  So far, I haven't found anything.  Artwork from the studio would be great but not likely I'll ever see it.

P1030160.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phoneguy said:

Warren, 

I've got the door decals worked up, but still lacking on the numbers found on the side of the radiator (as time allows searching for the right font)

Fonts are near impossible to ID, I suspect they had a guy freehand all the lettering.  If you feel like doing a test shot of the door decals, I'd be game.

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2021 at 9:44 PM, Warren D said:

Hey everyone, I'm new in this forum but a Convoy fan from the beginning!

I've built R.D., Pigpen and Spider Mike, now I'm working on Widow Woman's Brockway.

Can anyone tell me what it says on The door?

I know the writing around the blue square and "Bell Trucking Co." but the bottom line ist Impossible to read.

By the way I'm using a White Western Star for the Brockway! Seemed a good match concerning the cab and some other details. Hood will bei Made from scratch.

Maybe someone can help?

Nice to know there are so many fans of the greatest movie of all times! 

On 1/2/2021 at 9:44 PM, Warren D said:

This will be a challenge on multiple fronts.  The truck flipped over early in the movie so there aren't many scenes of it.  As a result,  there isn't much info on it.  I've been able to find enough to do a decent job, the decals for the doors will be tough.  Parts so far, AMT Autocar A64B for the chassis (may need to be shortened), Cab and hood from AITM (arrived an hour ago), rear wheels and tires from Jamie (just ordered), front wheels and tires from the Freightliner kit (leftover from the Brockway 6 wheel dump build).  That should do it for the cab, I will need a rooftop a/c unit, should have one in the parts box.  Then the trailer.  Have 2 flatbeds on order, will decide which one to use when they arrive.  I have the load figured out so I think the trailer will be the easier of the two but I haven't started yet!

134350481_3188998787868724_4933731777263242885_n.jpg

On 7/2/2021 at 9:23 PM, Warren D said:

Long overdue update, lack of progress due to lack of motivation and other things.  Cab is fit to chassis and the chassis is ready for paint.  Cab needs finish color coat, then some clear.  Interior is next, and at some point I have to figure out how to do the door decals.  I've been looking for a good clear shot of the door (pre-roll).  Even if it's in B&W I can add the colors.  So far, I haven't found anything.  Artwork from the studio would be great but not likely I'll ever see it.

P1030160.jpg

Nice work!

The numbers on the side of the radiator are 4 2, the 4 being above the 2.

Are the cab, hood and radiator from a 3D printer?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my Brockway since it's made of a White Western Star.

Actually I used only the frame with engine and wheels and the cab. 

The front part including fenders, radiator grill, hood and bumper were Made from scratch using polystyrol sheet.

I know it's far from perfect but I think the First Impression ist quite good!

The flatbed was made of a 40ft. reefer since the flatbed modelkit I wanted wasn't available!

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany!

IMG_20230115_161719_582~2.jpg

IMG_20230115_120455_151~2.jpg

On 2/22/2023 at 8:26 AM, Jürgen M. said:

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my Brockway since it's made of a White Western Star.

Actually I used only the frame with engine and wheels and the cab. 

The front part including fenders, radiator grill, hood and bumper were Made from scratch using polystyrol sheet.

I know it's far from perfect but I think the First Impression ist quite good!

The flatbed was made of a 40ft. reefer since the flatbed modelkit I wanted wasn't available!

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany!

IMG_20230115_161719_582~2.jpg

IMG_20230115_120455_151~2.jpg

You should start your own threads, this one is about my build.  Helpful tips and comments are welcome but showing off your work in other peoples threads is rude.

6 hours ago, Warren D said:

You should start your own threads, this one is about my build.  Helpful tips and comments are welcome but showing off your work in other peoples threads is rude.

I think you are handling it quite well if he keeps it up ask a moderator to step in you work to hard and many long hours for someone to post there builds on Your thread Warren 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, James2 said:

Any updates?

No, I've been stalled out on the decals.  I can't seem to find a good enough photo to use.   A while ago, Jerry at Model Truckin said he was getting close but I haven't seen anything.