Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fantasy Cole Trickle [Indy Cars out west] Sprint

So my squirrel continues to run on his wheel in my head and this is the latest DOT fantasy idea I came up with. If Cole Trickle started the trend of returning to outlaws (or other sprint car series) while still running cup. Of course the sponsor came with him (and exxon due to driving for Rowdy Burns) and I kept Hendrick on the car as well.

Revell Sammy Swindell Channellock kit, Patto's decals, Tamiya paint throughout. Added helmet visor, tearoffs, safety harness and Lambo staps, wiring and plumbing (which I need to work on and get better at or quit being cheap and just buy the right stuff to do it ) and changed the suspension geometry,  along with the driver (Got the information to do this from and old SAE or MCM article that I found on the net.) and painted the tires to give it the battle stance, finally I made it look the way all dirt cars should. thumbnail_IMG_20210101_134450289_2.jpg.8cc7ec4a8e79d34d5d52b809825d9ff5.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210101_134706209_HDR_2.jpg.ee6264d9b7cc7487eb540dc5b19638ce.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210101_134547898_2.jpg.bff8006481d43ee754848c5754d5d049.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210101_134547898_2.jpg

I like your thinking and you did a nice job of creating a believable scenario. I've wanted to try and take some existing NASCAR decals to create a similar deal but can't come up with something that will work.

Thanks for sharing this.

18 hours ago, TonyK said:

I like your thinking and you did a nice job of creating a believable scenario. I've wanted to try and take some existing NASCAR decals to create a similar deal but can't come up with something that will work.

Thanks for sharing this.

Thank you. If I had not found Patto's decals, I don't think I could have made this work. I lack the skills to competently make my own decals and of course custom stuff is expensive. Luckily there are some makers that already have different sizes made up so I just ordered several sets in different scales and piecemealed them together. There are some detractors of his particular decals, but the only issues that i had was that they will only accept the Tamiya mark fit to get them to snuggle and they will only accept floor polish for a top coat.  Anything else and they will wrinkle without smoothing back out. 

• 2 weeks later...