Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charlie Allen Saddleback Dart

Fuel Coupe

Charlie has always been one of my favorite drivers and had some of the prettiest cars. I hope I can do it justice

these are the rear ladder bars made from stainless and uses aluminum heim joints...

DSC_0404.jpg

some of the tin work

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_1220.jpg

early start on the magneto as well

DSC_1221.jpg

completed mag

DSC_1225.jpg

heres the motor almost completed and setting in the chassis. still need to clean the chassis up more

DSC_1645.jpg

Heres an overall shot. You can see where Ive modified the rollcage a bit more...

DSC_1644.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Looking good. I love Charlie Allen's car. I am building a slot car using his body. I am still mocking it up. I was wondering if your using slix decals and how were you going to handle the hood decal with the scoops. I am thinking about matching the decal, paint the scoops red and cut ovals on the decal sheet so I can lay the hood decal flat. Any ideas? Thanks!

The fuel lines to the injection are awesome. They look perfectly in scale ( something hard to get bang on). The colours (or paint ) you used is right on as well. The blower scoop looks like chrome Alclad. Is the blower itself magnesium alclad?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks alot everyone. the blower is painted with alclad magnesium good eye my friend.

here is a small update on the tin work. it is roughed in and will need a bit of tweaking, sanding and polishing to get it right..

I still need to form the shroud for the blower hat as well

DSC_1877.jpg

DSC_1878.jpg

DSC_1879.jpg

DSC_1880.jpg

great build one question how did you do the mag it looks so real you have any deatils on how :angry:

The boots are from RB Motion and the body of the mag is just various sizes of aluminum tubing that I spun in my dremel and polished. not too tough to do....

oh and the cap is from the Polar lights kit I started with...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to let you guys know the frame is done with the exception of some clean up and it will be ready for a coat or three of HOK Blue Blood. This will come later after the rest of the suspension is done..

DSC_1949.jpg

DSC_1950.jpg

Here a shot of what the ride height will look like

DSC_1942.jpg

• 2 weeks later...