Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late model ford bronco

Hi everyone.. I hope someone might be able to help me out on this one!! I'm looking for a resin body for a ford bronco in the 1993 to 1996 body style. I went on rocketfin.com to look around and I found this photo: . I'm not sure who cast this because there was no name given under the picture. It sure would be awesome if I could find one of these babies. If anyone can point me in the right direction. Please drop me a line. I appreciate any help on this subject. Take it easy guys Nate V B)

Edited by Nate Vamosi

I have no idea where to find one of those. They probably only made a few batches (25-50 bodies). I'm planning to do one of these in resin in the future. If there seems to be a demand, I can try to do it sooner. Maybe during the first half of the year. I love these and the 91 generation Broncos.

I have no idea where to find one of those. They probably only made a few batches (25-50 bodies). I'm planning to do one of these in resin in the future. If there seems to be a demand, I can try to do it sooner. Maybe during the first half of the year. I love these and the 91 generation Broncos.

You have at least one pre-sold (me).

John

Hi everyone.. I hope someone might be able to help me out on this one!! I'm looking for a resin body for a ford bronco in the 1993 to 1996 body style. I went on rocketfin.com to look around and I found this photo: . I'm not sure who cast this because there was no name given under the picture. It sure would be awesome if I could find one of these babies. If anyone can point me in the right direction. Please drop me a line. I appreciate any help on this subject. Take it easy guys Nate V :o

shouldn't be too hard to make with one of the AMT F-150 kits.....

that resin body pictured looks all off in the roof section. the "B" or "C" pillar is too wide.

i'd like to find a resin body too so i can build a replica of my 1:1, but if it's going to be anything like the one pictured i'll pass.

Dave

That's right. What they did was base this off the single cab shortbed. That has a longer wheelbase than the Bronco.

that resin body pictured looks all off in the roof section. the "B" or "C" pillar is too wide.

i'd like to find a resin body too so i can build a replica of my 1:1, but if it's going to be anything like the one pictured i'll pass.

Dave

Yes, too wide BUT it should be easily thinned if it is all we we can get (without having to make it ourselves and the price is right).

I wanna do my 1:1 also.

John

I bought a reissued MPC 80's Bronco and an AMT Ertl 93 Ford F150. They should be on my door step in less than a week. For good measure I may get the Revell version as well in case it has better parts. I'll post photos when I get started.

The MPC kit would be your best bet or the Monogram 1/24 version. The Revell kit is OK but has a completely wrong front suspension for the Bronco/F-150 as it is leaf sprung which is correct for an F-250/350 80-96

I have an extra AMT (ex-MPC) '82 Bronco reissue and a '92 AMT F150, thought about kitbashing the two. Someone posted one recently on one of the forums where they took the Monogram '80 and kitbashed with an R-M '88 F250 to do that era in 1:24th (the flat front '87-91).

I looked at buying a '96 Bronco about 10 years ago...had an '88 Bronco II then. Ended up keeping the Bronco II until '00 and traded it on an '00 Grand Cherokee.

Hello all.. I did a little digging and enhanced the photo I posted earlier and I'm almost 100% positive the kit pictured is amt's 1992 short box kit # 6835. Not a resin casting as I first had thought. The kit is a 2 in 1 and comes with a cab fairing that was reshaped and then along with the short bed was molded into the cab and presto you have a bronco. I'm not sure if you all will agree with me but It sure looks like that's what happened here. I just won that kit on eBay and I plan on doing the body work to build a smaller version of my 1:1 1995 XL. Hope this lead helps somebody out along the way. Thanks everyone & have fun :D Nate V

Dave, I believe you are correct with those donor choices.

I remember seeing these Bronco conversions pop up every now and then but could not find the thread. I did find a link to a guy that built one but pix-only.

Link

You might be able to figure out which kits he used from the photos.

I will keep searching.

John