Model Cars Magazine Forum

1939 Ford, moonshine hauler/race car

MarkJ

Mark, If your refering to me, YES I like it!!!(There's 2 Georges on our forum) Like I said, the 37/39 styles are my favorite of the 30's Fords And yours looks GREAT! Too bad no one kits the 39 it's such a pretty car, and I like it MUCH more than the 40. You did a beautiful conversion there, and you should be proud of how it came out.In BLACK paint, no less!!!! :) GREAT JOB!!!

Mark, If your refering to me, YES I like it!!!(There's 2 Georges on our forum) Like I said, the 37/39 styles are my favorite of the 30's Fords And yours looks GREAT! Too bad no one kits the 39 it's such a pretty car, and I like it MUCH more than the 40. You did a beautiful conversion there, and you should be proud of how it came out.In BLACK paint, no less!!!! :) GREAT JOB!!!

Of course it's you George 53. You and Jairus are the only ones who showed interest in this build. Thanks for the compliment.

Of course it's you George 53. You and Jairus are the only ones who showed interest in this build. Thanks for the compliment.

Mark, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page! Thank YOU for building it an lettin us see the WIP pics, like I said, It came out BEAUTIFUL!!!! :)

Just like out of the book "Driving With The Devil"! If you haven't read it, you should! Beautiful build!

Bruce , If I had not read the book this model would never have been built. I just wish somebody would make the book into a movie. What about Tom Hanks to play the roll of Raymond Parks. Of course they would have to make him look a lot younger than he is. Matthew McConaughey would be perfect as Lloyd Seay and Tom Cruise could produce the movie since he is interested in racing. He was at the Nascar banquet sitting with Jeff Gordon and his wife. He could play the part of Roy Hall. I'm not sure if Tom Cruise could do a Georgia Accent but I'm sure the other two could.

Thanks for the comments, guys! This started out as a Revell 1940 Ford standard coupe. The one with the green car on the box. I had to change the grille and headlights to look more like a 39 standard coupe because that was the car that Lloyd Seay drove. I also had to scratchbuild the tailights because they were different as well. The interior was also different but there was no way I could scratchbuild a 39 steering wheel so I didn't bother to change anything else about the interior. The bungee cord was made from jewelers black elastic thread that is used to make bead type jewelry. First I colored it with a silver sharpie and then with a gold one. You can get it at Hobby Lobby. I created the decals with my old Adobe Photodeluxe and printed them with an ink jet printer using the Testors white decal sheet. Thanks again!

Edited by MarkJ

• 8 years later...