Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Ford F100 - Bow Legged Brenda

On 8/17/2021 at 12:23 AM, Steve H said:

Hi Gerald, absolutely love this one. I like all your builds actually! Great stuff. The floor boards are very cool, I assume you printed your own decals for that. Haney’s pub decals are a  nice touch too! My guess is you were born in ‘71 ? As always the weathering is just right, I think the killer motor with straight pipes is my favourite part though! You’d hear this beast a mile away.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve- I printed the floorboards on regular paper and white glued them down. They arent water slide decals.  The Haney's pub are water slide by the Decal Lady & son on instgram.  She took my handdrawn design and created them. Yes born in '71.....My first time building front fender exit exhaust, Glad you dig em!

On 8/17/2021 at 1:41 PM, TarheelRick said:

Excellent work, especially like the floorboards. Also impressed with your answer to the ever present tailgater, got a feeling when they see that bumper they will stay a respectable distance. On the same note I would be very careful 'banging' second gear, if your hand slips you could get a real 'bang'.

Thanks TarheelRick-  safety first! :) pull the pin and let'r rip!

On 8/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, Earl Marischal said:

That is a very fine piece of work, especially the frame.

steve

Thanks Steve - I appreciate the compliments on the frame.  The custom frames are a lot of work, but I think very worth it in the end.