Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '29 Model A Roadster - "Black Gold"

So I got bored today, and was scrolling through Facebook marketplace when I stumbled on what I thought was a deal too good to be true, a Revell '29 Model A Roadster, and a Lindberg '38 Ford Panel Van. Both for $15.

Couple hours later, I'm driving home with two new kits. The A was missing some bits, wheels, tires, front axle, and what I really wanted, the Buick drums.

Oh well, I'll make it work. Stole a set of Artillery wheels from my '32 Salt Flats project, and a front axle from the parts bin, and started on it. I'll also be using the non channeled parts from the '29 in that build, so stay tuned!

Painted the Engine Tamiya X-12 Gold, Transmission and alternator bracket Model Master Steel, and went over the mostly finished engine with black panel line accent to give it that "used" look. My goal is to make this look like something that's never been on a trailer.

I modified the artillery wheels to take the kit hubcaps, and did a quick mock up. I plan on doing a tan/saddle brown leather interior, gloss black paint, and the red wheels.

Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated! Still trying to figure out how to use the micro camera settings on my new phone...

20210816_205904.jpg

20210816_205932.jpg

20210816_210027.jpg

20210816_210037.jpg

20210816_210049.jpg

20210816_202805.jpg