Model Cars Magazine Forum

2018 Mercedes-AMG GT 3

I'm working on a couple of Mercedes models, the 2018 GT 3 model sponsored by Tsing Tao beer, and the 2004 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Panamericana sponsored by Corona Beer. I just liked the subject manager and the livery. I really don't drink that much beer! This post will discuss the 2018 model. 

I found reference photos online, then was able to find the decal set. 

The Tamiya kit is engineered really well. The taillights are 5 piece assemblies. The body parts, bumpers and air intakes fit very well. I do wish they had a version with the engine - curbside is really not my thing. But, the livery was so cool I had to take a shot at building it. 

Next up, getting the headlights, taillights and interior details together. Stay tuned. 

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.2.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

Edited by dougwintz

• dougwintz changed the title to 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT 3

Started working on the decals. For this livery, the wheels have color highlights on the rim. There are 10 separate decals that go with each wheel. Back is red, front is gold. So good new! If you have OCD, this is the project for you!!  Anyway, they look pretty good. I positioned the body just enough to see how the colors contrast. After I took these pictures, I did the final placement of the body and the stance is perfect - I'll post pictures of that later. 

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg