Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 41 Lincoln refresh

junkyardjeff

I originally built it around this time of the year in 1974,built it in the molded black and a few years later repainted it in silver and shortly later went back to black.  It got put in the attic at some time and then the hood warped and that is where it stayed for over 30 years.  Went to a model show today and found a hood so out of the attic it came and the noticed it was missing the spare tire and one hub cap,its been moved from box to box over the years so I hope I still have the parts.  Hood will be painted to match and reglued along with some detailing and that is it.

20211219_153134.jpg

This one is a little rough since its been painted a couple times and will leave the paint alone but might make it look like a project with a primered hood and just put on the missing lower chrome parts. Now the parts car is going to create two additional projects,the V12 will be going in a 34 coupe and the rest will be a custom with more modern drivetrain.

• 2 weeks later...

Its got a new body,found one not painted and no excess glue so it went on my repainted chassis and got the originals interior.  I got it for the lower chrome pieces that mine was missing but this body was too nice to cut up for a custom so I will make the custom out of the rough original body.

20220108_163745.jpg

• Like 1