Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gassers

Lobo2me

2 hours ago, customline said:

I just did and for 1:24 scale they have "double diamond " plate but not the usual type (single diamond?). Oh well....thanks for the link, though.

Well....I'm still scratching my head on this too...sorry. After digging through my supplies I discovered it must have been a much smaller scale. I found a small piece of what I am pretty sure I used and compared it to a sheet of 1/48th still in it's packaging. 1/48 is close to twice the size. Therefore, I am pretty sure I used the 1/87th scale...which I found at https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Paint_and_Construction/ps-155-diamond-plate-ho-12-x-7/PLA00091687/product.php?kw=diamond,plate. I sure hope I am not steering you wrong plus I'd like to get another sheet or two. Best wishes...

On 1/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, customline said:

I am in awe. These Gassers are excellent! An incredible amount of work shows on every one. I especially like the "aluminum" diamond plate. Where can I get that? I have tried to find it without success. 

I am pretty sure this was the 1/87th scale....

IMG_3215.JPG

12 hours ago, Lobo2me said:

I am pretty sure this was the 1/87th scale....

IMG_3215.JPG

It looks pretty good to me,  close to scale on your build. Did you get it from Scale Hobbies or the Plastruct site ? They showed 1:48  in a single diamond pattern and 1:16 too. I may try the 1:16, should be close enough. Aluminum diamond plate is an ideal material for this type of vehicles and I want it!!

What did you use for the metal finish?

Edited by customline

On 1/29/2022 at 7:43 AM, customline said:

It looks pretty good to me,  close to scale on your build. Did you get it from Scale Hobbies or the Plastruct site ? They showed 1:48  in a single diamond pattern and 1:16 too. I may try the 1:16, should be close enough. Aluminum diamond plate is an ideal material for this type of vehicles and I want it!!

What did you use for the metal finish?

Best of luck. I am pretty sure I used 1/87th scale...because I didn't want "big" diamond plate so I choose the smallest I could find.