Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave Hill's Phantom Roadster Pickups Family

HI Tim. Thanks for sharing these old photos. i remember when they were featured in Scale Auto.  The 48 was the inspiration for the black 48 Ranchero I built recently. (I took it to GSL this year and have a thread about it in this section of this forum called "48 Ford Ranchero")

Always enjoy the historical stuff you share with us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 2:10 PM, Kit Karson said:

While checking in with Pryor Passorino he mentioned that Dave had passed losing his fight with cancer R.I.P.

Pryor also mentioned this to me.  All I could think of was his tall, really big smile, his great sense of humor, and his willingness to set out on his own (not flow with the crowd) on whatever the subject might be.  Dave was one in a million and those of us who knew him were blessed to be in his presence. 

Rest in peace, Dave, and our condolences to Linda and Jenny....TIM  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 6:03 AM, Modlbldr said:

Wonderful article. I remember when that 48 was in Street Rodder. Here is a 1:1 Chevy done a bit differently (along the lines if what ozmodeler mentioned above) that I snapped pics of at a recent car show in Kentucky. The lady told me that it was a factory built job.

Later-

20230624_133930.jpg

20230624_134004.jpg

20230624_134018.jpg

These were actually offered by Chevrolet dealers up through the 1939.model year, there is a small door directly under the bed and the spare tire is located there in the same location as the coupe except the coupes lacked the little door.

• 1 month later...