Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/16th H-D 60's style "Springster"

Happy spring to all,,just finished this up,,its actually 3 large scale Revell kits in one. Started  with glue blob 1/2 assembled bag of parts from the swap meets.  The Revell large scale police bike,circa mid to late 70's for the motor and frame,back wheel. And then I used some leftover parts from the large scale Triumph chopper kits for drive box,,rear fender + oil + battery box,, And drag style seat.   Front springer ++ handlebars are from the large scale snap harley kit from the  1990's.  Front wheel is from one of the ol Revell drag bike kits as is the speedometer+light. Scratch built the rear grab bar  + and plate/rear light setup.  Sprayed rattlecan testors orange,,hand painted everything else.  Decent results from glueblob bag for 5 $  Thnx for lookin.

005.JPG

001.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

007.JPG

019.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, skymnky721 said:

I Agree!  What are you ridin?

I had 2000 sportster 1200 i installed andrews n2 cams, s&s shorty carb, had to rejet because i was running big guns long guns open pipes with zipper stainless steel torque cones and it ran like a bat of you know where. Blew a few rice burners off the freeway. The wife had a honda 2003 600 or so,  and i had a 2003 1800 gold wing. And son and daughter when younger had a P whizzer, p zinger, and a honda 80. But after having my colon removed i developed desmoid tumors in my back which caused crazy pain. As much as i hated to i had to sell my 3. I miss riding so bad. 

On 6/18/2022 at 1:32 AM, TNT said:

I had 2000 sportster 1200 i installed andrews n2 cams, s&s shorty carb, had to rejet because i was running big guns long guns open pipes with zipper stainless steel torque cones and it ran like a bat of you know where. Blew a few rice burners off the freeway. The wife had a honda 2003 600 or so,  and i had a 2003 1800 gold wing. And son and daughter when younger had a P whizzer, p zinger, and a honda 80. But after having my colon removed i developed desmoid tumors in my back which caused crazy pain. As much as i hated to i had to sell my 3. I miss riding so bad. 

So sorry bout your issues,,hope it gets better for ya soon. Sounds like you have some cool bikes. I sold my 06' KLR 650 awhile back,,miss it already. But CL has plenty of used bikes for sale now,,Maybe a DRZ 400,,or yamaha Bolt or 1200 Sportster HD would work. Best of luck to ya    S

On 6/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, ea0863 said:

Very nice, especially like the patina on the motor!

Thanks,,the motor and entire kit is  45-50 years old.  There original parts mfg in the late 70's that Ive had for years from local swap meets.   But they held up well to  stripping w EZ off,,assembly + paint.  Thanx for looking!

On 6/17/2022 at 6:26 PM, Mike C. said:

Great wiring and plumbing work! 

Thanks sir,,The only thing missing from the ignition set is the coil,,it normally mounts on a bracket on left side of mtr,,just between the tops of the 2 cylinders,, so I just use my imagination the the coil is tucked up underneath the seat or something,,lol  Thanks   S,,