Model Cars Magazine Forum

The return of the KFS , Auslowe & St Supply Road Commander II

Mr mopar

• Mr mopar changed the title to The return of the KFS , Auslowe & St Supply Road Commander II
In conjunction with Auslowe Model Accessories , ST Supply will be offering the re-release of the KFS White Cabover Resin Transkit.
ST Supply will be offering the LEFT Hand driver version and Auslowe the Right Hand version at a later date. Delivery will begin around the end of April for the Left Hand.
ST Supply will only offer thru our website NO RESERVATIONS . Sign up for emails , as we receive product we post to the website. the website sends out emails of new product additions. (WE will restrict sales to 1 per person initially ) . Sales will be on first come first serve, Price will be in the $189 USD Range and will be subject to Postage charges and any applicable taxes if in CANADA.
If you haven't already please go to our website www.stsupplyco.com and sign up to receive emails . Sign up at our NEWSLETTER signup tab at bottom of main page.

15 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Good news. Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see the KFS kits making a comeback under new ownership. I imagine the ST Supply/Auslowe partnership will be a good thing. 

This is very good news ,I have been waiting for this one for years !!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vincen47 said:

I’d be tempted to make a Western Star out of it. Nothing against White, but I think when Western Star used the cab they made a nicer-looking cabover. Not the easiest conversion, but not the hardest.

I agree. The hardest part, I think would be making the windshield smaller. Didn’t the unibody Road Boss use the same cab too?

15 hours ago, vincen47 said:

I’d be tempted to make a Western Star out of it. Nothing against White, but I think when Western Star used the cab they made a nicer-looking cabover. Not the easiest conversion, but not the hardest.

Yes I sure would like to do a Western Star something like this !

11cd1efd1d1ea6454ebbaaa281b43732.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I agree. The hardest part, I think would be making the windshield smaller. Didn’t the unibody Road Boss use the same cab too?

I’m not familiar off hand with the unibody, but that sounds interesting. Fill us in if you have more information. But yes, the windshield would be the biggest issue, raising the bottom edge up flush with the side windows.

I have to go back and check, but I think I remember someone saying that there may have been a production year or two that the windshield wasn’t different, staying the same as the White, but I could be wrong.

Edited by vincen47

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

I’m not familiar off hand with the unibody, but that sounds interesting. Fill us in if you have more information. But yes, the windshield would be the biggest issue, raising the bottom edge up flush with the side windows.

I have to go back and check, but I think I remember someone saying that there may have been a production year or two that the windshield wasn’t different, staying the same as the White, but I could be wrong.

The windshield on the Western star are more rectangle and the one on the white have rounded corners .

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

Unibody wasn’t the best choice of terms, but it is integral sleeper Road Boss 2. I’m pretty sure that it is the same cab.

61D34958-B09D-47BF-ACAE-A50BA6AD147B.png.61b8b29a39f26dbf80bba08a6549ab38.png

1 hour ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Unibody wasn’t the best choice of terms, but it is integral sleeper Road Boss 2. I’m pretty sure that it is the same cab.

61D34958-B09D-47BF-ACAE-A50BA6AD147B.png.61b8b29a39f26dbf80bba08a6549ab38.png

Oh that’s it. I thought that might be what you mentioned. What an odd contraption. I guess it gives you a roomy cab. It looks strange, but in the same token, the modern wide-cab aero conventionals are not far removed from such a concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guy's I just got my kit in yesterday ,and had a look inside the box . The casting is very good no pin hole very little flash ,the one place where this kit differs from the KFS kit is there is only one cast metal part)s the roof lights are the only metal parts Auslowe casted all the metal parts in resin now which is ok with me , well worth buying .

• 3 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:22 PM, vincen47 said:

My thoughts exactly. The Western Star is a better looking Cabover, a little tougher looking, for sure. I could not bring myself to cut up the KFS kit I had, so I used it for measurements. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

The Road Boss 2 Integral is the same cab, just about a foot narrower. Here are some pics of the scratch builds based on the White High cab.image.thumb.jpeg.1dcc7ed85b9383a6e1aa67a0ce0b1999.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57dd8da44b2cfa12a7bbcc1131aa0220.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50961a594343ef6221354066804c754a.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.fc75edb5e24d1b4eb738d57851b8dbc4.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.5346e528d8084a4ba6634d536c9f1f2c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c38c4aa7e28a55a6497e1c3412935f35.jpgRB_2_hood_1.thumb.png.3b3236da24f4d7a2b0b6d22e47be7f90.png

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 4:25 PM, purepmd said:

My thoughts exactly. The Western Star is a better looking Cabover, a little tougher looking, for sure. I could not bring myself to cut up the KFS kit I had, so I used it for measurements. 

The Road Boss 2 Integral is the same cab, just about a foot narrower. Here are some pics of the scratch builds based on the White High cab.image.thumb.jpeg.1dcc7ed85b9383a6e1aa67a0ce0b1999.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57dd8da44b2cfa12a7bbcc1131aa0220.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50961a594343ef6221354066804c754a.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.fc75edb5e24d1b4eb738d57851b8dbc4.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.5346e528d8084a4ba6634d536c9f1f2c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c38c4aa7e28a55a6497e1c3412935f35.jpgRB_2_hood_1.thumb.png.3b3236da24f4d7a2b0b6d22e47be7f90.png

I remember you starting those. They look Great!! Have you done any more on those projects?

• 4 weeks later...