Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reynolds Wrap

Maybe if you take out the trash or shovel the driveway your parents will let you out of the house as a reward! <_<

haha i take out the trash regularly. btw, i was looking at old magazines and saw the issue where you recreated some of the models. I like most except the viper. i tihnk it could have done with bigger headlights, but it was still really good

• 2 weeks later...
would just any old spray adhesive work? cuz ive got some of that. just not the fancy mona lisa stuff

I would try it one something unimportant like a piece of sprue, but I bet if you experiemented a bit you could make a brushable adhesive from Elmers glue. Just thin it with water to get a nice thin consistancy. You can clean the brush with water, but I wouldn't use a good brush just in case. You might even be able to use a finger to apply it if there are no tight corners you need to get into. I might give this a try myself since I don't have any stores that would carry something like gold leaf adhesive within an hour of me.

What's the problem... are you under house arrest or something??? <_<

That reminded me of Emo Phillips talking about his childhood.

When I was a child my parents used to tell me to stay away from the basement door. One day when they were gone I open the door and saw all kinds of wonderful things... birds, trees, blue sky and clouds....

Elmer's won't work because when it dries it's not sticky anymore. It needs to be like the adhesive on tape with a sticky feel after it dries. Maybe you could have more luck finding the MicroScale Micro Metal Foil Adhesive at some other outlets that handle train supplies and even on line. The first time I remember reading about using foil for chrome trim on models they were using rubber cement. I think you can find that, if they still make it, in an office supply store or maybe even Walmart back in the paper and school suppliles.

KNOCK..TAP....TAP.......KNOCK.....is this thing on??

Edited by LUKE'57