Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lighting Help!!!

Chappy

Recently, I "G-Scale Weathered Brass Lamp 3mm Bulb:12 volt 60mA" from Locomotive Joe on eBay.  I plan to use the lamp on a build.  Although I have done dioramas before, I am new to lighting.  Where can I get a power supply for said lamp.  HELP!

IMG_0415.jpeg

Hi Chappy,

You've got several options here. You could go force transformer to take a mains supply down to 12v (might be over kill) or what I would do is go for a 9v battery and switch hidden either under the diorama or in something like a chest or behind a wall. That way you can swap or remove the matter easily.

Good luck

James

Thanks, James!  I ordered a 9v battery holder with switch from Amazon.  I will place the lamp over my Rat Trikes sign and have the box on the opposite side.  However, first I shall work on my sign.  You are Steve H are the best!

DSC_0691.JPG

Hi James, check out Evans Designs for LED lighting and switches. They have great products, ideas, and excellent service. I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer. Very cool looking diorama.

Cheers, Steve

• 1 month later...

I built well almost completed a doll house for my daughter and i ran electric to it. They have a tape that can be used in place of wires and it runs to a transfoemer. That was years ago. But hobby lobby used to have all sorts of lighting options.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...