Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Ford C cab with DG productions body

I shortened the frame of the Ford. I modified the auger utility body by adding a shortened fuel tank on the left side, crafted a rack and filled it with tools, installed a light on the boom and added decals to cab and boom, put safety stripping around the bottom of the bed, made controls for boom from straight pins and added black wire to drum on the deck of the body.

1r8qkRP.jpg

WCbpgDI.jpg

DABYcoS.jpg

V1MP5EW.jpg

Edited by ROY FERGUSON
duplicate photos
  • Like 1

Nice indeed!  Such a clean build!  Did you consider using a Sharpie to delineate the window weatherstripping?

I used to drive a Ford C-series semi; large gas V-8 but I forget what c.i.  There is a very strange physical effect on the riders in a cab-forward tractor; wonder if anyone out there knows what it is?  :-<)*

I'm using a C- chassis to mount my resin White 3000 sleeper cab, an interpretation of the '52 (original owner, no less!) tractor that I learned to drive semi's in.  It's going to be a straight truck, with a car-hauler bed (yep, round corners, just like in the day), but using Budd wheels rather than the 5-spokers.  I inherited it for a while, but had to sell, and now it sits in a pasture...  aaugh!  Wick

*Hint: at certain speeds, they develop a rather weird bounce...

• Like 1