Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bodies painted and waiting to be finished

rsmodels

I painted all these over a year ago along with a bunch of others, some of which I've since finished and already posted in the under glass section starting back in March I think. These  were all built and in need of restoration. I usually do a bunch of bodies, paint the chassis and detail the wheels. Then I lightly assemble them, put them on display, and finish them one by one after the paint has cured. Right now I'm finishing the Revell 62 Imperial 4 door.

I had to cast a rear bumper for one of my 64 Valiants (photo) and the 63 doesn't yet have the wheels and tires detailed.

I always have other projects that get done in between but hope to have the rest of these finished over the winter.

Thanks for looking! I hope you see something you like.  -Rich

DCFC0003 (3).JPG

DCFC0003 (4).JPG

DCFC0004 (3).JPG

DCFC0006 (2).JPG

DCFC0007.JPG

DCFC0008.JPG

DCFC0011 (1).JPG

DCFC0019.JPG

DCFC0020.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bronzekeg said:

got one that I'm working on. btw good looking paint work Rich!

DSC00922.JPG

Ken I took a look. It's coming out great. I'm sure it's going to look fantastic when it's done. I have a 340 Six pack in my 70 Challenger T/A.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2022 at 12:08 AM, bisc63 said:

Very cool stuff waiting to happen! I'm especially drawn to the golden '60 El Camino, and that Caddy has a very tasty shade of gray on it.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:59 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Nice, classy, period looking colors. All of them.

👍😃

Thanks Rusty and Patrick, I had not seen your comments until today. There didn't seem to be much interest so I had kind of forgotten about this post.

On 9/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, Mike C. said:

cj5 a.jpg

cj5 b.jpg

cmc a.jpg

20220816_154035.thumb.jpg.510ac00b4d7e437d7a97ca947f58e1ec.jpg

20220816_154021.thumb.jpg.f4939b04dca31f2f05ac187adebbc984.jpg

Mike, thanks for posting all your photos. You have some great looking models there. I especially like the 4 wheel drive Chevy pickup.

I also restore and/or  modify a lot of diecasts, (old and new) in different scales (and 1/43 white metal models too, as I was working in the business of manufacturing them back in the 80's).  I haven't posted many of them because there seems to be much more interest in the plastic kits which makes sense since this is a model board. For the same reason I haven't posted any boats or planes. -Rich

• Like 1

Thanks Rich. I Was also very active on the long gone Dicast Pub board. I like to do the 1/18 dicast because (they are already painted) I don't have a chance to screw the paint jobs up as much. I even Used to cast my own resin mags. Here ar a few.

69 charger a.jpg

68 bug.jpg

69 yenko.jpg

67 mustang.jpg

69 elim yel.jpg

67 chevelle god.jpg

70 torino gold.jpg

71 mach 1.jpg

13 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Thanks Rich. I Was also very active on the long gone Dicast Pub board. I like to do the 1/18 dicast because (they are already painted) I don't have a chance to screw the paint jobs up as much. I even Used to cast my own resin mags. Here ar a few.

69 charger a.jpg

68 bug.jpg

69 yenko.jpg

67 mustang.jpg

69 elim yel.jpg

67 chevelle god.jpg

70 torino gold.jpg

71 mach 1.jpg

Mike, those are all great looking, realistic models. And the mags look terrific too.