Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1972 Chevrolet Pickup Steering Wheel

I am currently building the AMT 1972 Chevrolet Pickup (Coke Edition Kit):

130837860_4026419277386958_2579013473886294779_o.jpg.5c44f94af366f659ed2ee4264b1ceb2c.jpg

And I was wondering about other people's experiences with the kit's stock steering wheel.  When Chris (hpiguy) did his review, the steering wheel is his kit was mangled, and the one in my kit is mangled pretty badly, too.  Is this just an issue with this edition of the kit, or is it an issue with all of the issues?

Thanks.

I have one. But, I haven't checked the steering wheel. I'll check it and let you know. I recently repaired one that I had dropped on the floor unknowingly and then stepped on it. You'd be surprised at what can be fixed with a little patience and glue.

• Like 1

Yep, mine was mangled too. It's how they're packaging them right against the tree with the hood, bulkhead and tailgate on it. My steering column was tangled up in it. They used to cut them from the tree and stick them in a baggie by themselves. Guess they're not doing that anymore.