Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2021 Dodger Charger R/T

Mr mopar

I drive a '19 Charger GT in white with the black painted grill. Whenever I drive on the freeway people still seem reluctant to pass me at first until they notice the trunk spoiler and the standard license plates. Same times when I overtake someone on the HI way, I have had them slow down as I go by until they realize it's just some old guy driving a white Charger and not the KHP or the Shariff.  I have even had a couple of local PD wave to me when we approach head on the surface streets. There is a locale KHP car that is painted silver with a blue roof and trunk lid. Not sure what that's about as most of the cars are white with a real small shield on the door and a slick roof. The only really noticeable feature is the Cow Catcher on the front end. They all look like they want someone to run for it so they can "Pit" them. I got a call from the model shop I go too and I'm going by tomorrow to pick up my kit. 

Here’s some locals, regular patrol. PD Exploder and Camaro, Sheriff Tahoe, Constable Charger. Regular plates often. 
Zoom in on left lower corner of Tahoe glass. Takedowns and “marked” 🤦🏻‍♂️
The wannabes look more like official cars. 
Been like this for years. 

9507AEC8-9EFD-4134-8CE9-E56AAE1411DB.jpeg

5F483A90-DE65-4176-BF7F-505035B50E6C.jpeg

8FFDE467-5D70-47CB-BD3C-8805F36B59EA.jpeg

1D3D5515-041D-4581-953F-E393533AD1F1.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, keyser said:

Here’s some locals, regular patrol. PD Exploder and Camaro, Sheriff Tahoe, Constable Charger. Regular plates often. 
Zoom in on left lower corner of Tahoe glass. Takedowns and “marked” 🤦🏻‍♂️
The wannabes look more like official cars. 
Been like this for years. 

9507AEC8-9EFD-4134-8CE9-E56AAE1411DB.jpeg

5F483A90-DE65-4176-BF7F-505035B50E6C.jpeg

8FFDE467-5D70-47CB-BD3C-8805F36B59EA.jpeg

1D3D5515-041D-4581-953F-E393533AD1F1.jpeg

Looks like "Entrapment" to me.

There is a 3 hour show every Friday and Saturday evening on Reelz called OnPatrol live where they ride along with 8 or 9 different law enforcement agencies around the country.  They show actual day-to-day activities of law enforcement.  One of the current agencies that they ride with is the city of Hazen, AR.  The chief there actually patrols with his officers and drives a fully marked Dodge Charger Super Bee.  They took an all black Super Bee and added all of the police equipment from the light bar, front push bar, to radios.  The vehicle still has the rear spoiler, front air dam and spoked black painted aluminum wheels.  He has been in pursuits on the expressway where they showed his speed as high as 157 mph. He's stopped Challengers and Chargers that were clocked at over 140 mph when he joined, and ended the pursuits.  I'm thinking of building a model similar this as it would be pretty simple to do.

A.J.

1 hour ago, maxwell48098 said:

There is a 3 hour show every Friday and Saturday evening on Reelz called OnPatrol live where they ride along with 8 or 9 different law enforcement agencies around the country.  They show actual day-to-day activities of law enforcement.  One of the current agencies that they ride with is the city of Hazen, AR.  The chief there actually patrols with his officers and drives a fully marked Dodge Charger Super Bee.  They took an all black Super Bee and added all of the police equipment from the light bar, front push bar, to radios.  The vehicle still has the rear spoiler, front air dam and spoked black painted aluminum wheels.  He has been in pursuits on the expressway where they showed his speed as high as 157 mph. He's stopped Challengers and Chargers that were clocked at over 140 mph when he joined, and ended the pursuits.  I'm thinking of building a model similar this as it would be pretty simple to do.

A.J.

I have seen some of these dash cam videos of pursuits on YouTube. Most of the Chargers seem to top out around 140 mph. But have seen one or two where they have a couple of special pursuit units called in. Impressive to be sitting in a car at 140 mph, at least in the video, and get passed by another unit going over 150 mph. Seems like they are usually using Chargers of various power trains and Challenger sometimes. For those who haven't driven even one of the standard Chargers it may be hard to understand just how stable these vehicles are at any speed. 

I used to work for Chrysler before retiring in July, 2008.  Before retiring I got to go out to our Chelsea,MI proving ground and drive an early production 2009 Charger pursuit.  The car had a 368 HP Hemi and I ran about 20 laps on the 4.75 mile, 6 lane high banked oval.  After the first two laps, I just decided to hold my foot to the floor.  The Charger went right up to the fifth lane and ran anywhere from 142 to 148 mph with 20 mph crosswinds.  An engineer who was riding with me told me that I could let go of the steering wheel as we went into the turns, and the car would hold its line.  It was amazing, but even more amazing was how quiet the Charger was.  There was a definite exhaust rumble,, but other that the dashed lines on the pavement going by very fast, you had no idea of the speed.  FYI. They had placed 200 ponds of ballast in the trunk to simulate the added weight of police equipment.  To say the least, this was awesome experience.

A.J.

• Like 2