Model Cars Magazine Forum

ISO....MPC Bottoms Up Jeep doors

disabled modeler

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 12:42 PM, mikemodeler said:

Once upon a time there was a resin caster who offered up that half cab and doors, I believe he was out of TN, may have been AF/X Resin? I bought one at a show. Straight re-pop of what was in the original MPC kit.

Thanks Mike...Ill have to see if i can find them and if they still have them.

14 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

With the BushWacker Jeep being reissued, I would be willing to lend a resin caster one of these half cabs to cast. The snow plow is available thru Olson Bros but I could supply one to the caster if enough demand is out there for it.

Thanks for the information Mike....I wonder if there the same ones I need..?

18 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Mike... Mine is the old Daisy Duke style body its the same as mine is anyway....Cant tell if its a Jeep or Willys Jeep much but its 1/25th scale.

Mark that Jeep is a CJ for sure. Now is it a CJ5 or CJ7.  The Nice red Jeep pictured above is a CJ5. The door are what tells you . 

3 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Mark that Jeep is a CJ for sure. Now is it a CJ5 or CJ7.  The Nice red Jeep pictured above is a CJ5. The door are what tells you . 

Thanks Andy for the information on it.....mine looks just like the red one in the thread here only not as nice..LOL...   This is one of my dads old ones from his collection he had.   I plan on doing it close to the red one.

Andy......

Thank you Ill have to see if i have anything to use and try that.   Here where Im at everything is hard to find or too expensive..if you can.  Theses days everything is so expensive dose not help us guys on a small fixed income any and I know there is a lot of us.   Trick and tips on things help keep us going.