Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: JEAN TODT'S ILLUSIVE FXX

David Thibodeau

Again a detailed build using the new Scale motorsport Super FXX Carbon upgrade kit. Well worth the effort.... I decided to leave the wheels off to display the gorgeous brakes.......

Scratchbuilt and added items:

Lap counter on dash, Pro tech braided line and fittings, Removed rear window molded in vents and replaced with black mesh.

P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010002-vi.jpg

P1010003-vi.jpg

P1010006-vi.jpg

P1010096-vi.jpg

P1010097-vi.jpg

P1010100-vi.jpg

P1010101-vi.jpg

P1010103-vi.jpg

P1010104-vi.jpg

Just beautiful.....perfection in scale. A gentleman in the town where my business is has an Enzo (just a boring regular red one, yeah right, boring!). The sound that it makes as it goes by is almost as impressive as the sight ( I see it maybe 3 times in the spring and summer as he does not drive it very much ). These vehicles are truly stunning and your build does the car justice. The carbon fiber decal installation is "spot on"....It is your usual "surgically perfect" build.....Very impressive.

Im speechless on this masterpiece WOW!!!!!

I have a hard time putting on simple decals and here sits this beautiful carbon fiber car.....Do you use any special products to apply the decals and do you try to put the decals on in as many large pieces as possible or is it easier to put smaller pieces and try to match the seams?

I have a hard time putting on simple decals and here sits this beautiful carbon fiber car.....Do you use any special products to apply the decals...... and do you try to put the decals on in as many large pieces as possible........ or is it easier to put smaller pieces and try to match the seams? I would like to be a bit more nimble to be able decal a car to add to the look. :D

I have a hard time putting on simple decals and here sits this beautiful carbon fiber car.....Do you use any special products to apply the decals...... and do you try to put the decals on in as many large pieces as possible........ or is it easier to put smaller pieces and try to match the seams? I would like to be a bit more nimble to be able decal a car to add to the look. :P

Dan,

On this kit, the decals were made for the car included in the scale motorsports kit. In the Jan issue of model cars there is an article all on Carbon fiber decals I wrote that will answer all your questions you need to know about carbon decals, sizes, application, clear, etc.... watch for it!

Thanks again guys... this one will show up as a full build in MC sooner or later as well!

DaveT

Dan,

On this kit, the decals were made for the car included in the scale motorsports kit. In the Jan issue of model cars there is an article all on Carbon fiber decals I wrote that will answer all your questions you need to know about carbon decals, sizes, application, clear, etc.... watch for it!

Thanks again guys... this one will show up as a full build in MC sooner or later as well!

DaveT

David I commented on this over on AF but again I'll say great job on this!...and I'l see if I can find that issues of MC I want to know all I can about cf application cause my Enzo will be getting a bit of it.

Gray

Dan,

DaveT

Thanks for the response David.....I really liked that Ferrari. But unfortunately we dont have anyone that I know here to get MCM model car magazines in Alberta. Ive looked everywhere and the closest places that i can get my hands on it is in Vancouver BC, ...or Regina Saskatchewan.....and either way Im not going to drive 8 to 12 hours up and 8 to 12 hours back for a $14.00 magazine. I have a modeller friend that has answered most of my questions on another site.

Dan

Edited by RadRidesByDan

Thanks for the response David.....I really liked that Ferrari. But unfortunately we dont have anyone that I know here to get MCM model car magazines in Alberta. Ive looked everywhere and the closest places that i can get my hands on it is in Vancouver BC, ...or Regina Saskatchewan.....and either way Im not going to drive 8 to 12 hours up and 8 to 12 hours back for a $14.00 magazine. I have a modeller friend that has answered most of my questions on another site.

Dan

Hey Dano buddy. I can get you a copy here just south of the border and shoot up to you. I just need your addy again. :lol: