Model Cars Magazine Forum

Huall'n C3500

GOTH KUSTOMS

OK guys, yea I know another wip from this guy, finish one already, well I've been in a building slump, real bad one, plenty of idea's but no build, so I decided I would start from the beginning, maybe break some of the crusty stuff offa my brain, anyway, this is a snap kit, I've started to fill in all the body lines, so it will have my trademark smmooooooothie look, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it curb side or not yet, it's still up in the air, this whole build is up in the air, not to happy with the stance but I think I got that worked out, HEHEHEHEHEHEHE, anyway here are a few not so surprising pic's...

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

I liked this model subject so much I bought several of these kits and then started different chop schemes for different cab/bed combos and even a dually blazer body. All of which are WIPs as well. :P

I didn't realize how many of these I had bought (about 6 kits) until recently. Strangely, I configured all the body types for different builds and never considered doing the out-of-box body type. :D

Looks like I may have to buy another one. :lol: Coming along nicely. Can't wait to see what you do to finish it. B)

Looks awesome Michael! If you decide to add an engine, what will you put in it? Keep up the good work!

If I don't go go curbside, I was thinking of a blown 421 Pontiac,

(hay bro nice to see some product. the back wheels on this, are thay wide mickys or doulie?

and have you thought about a body drop for the stance issue you were talking about?

later bro I'll keep eyes on this one ) .

PLUMNUTS,

There believe it or not goodyear's 5/8" wides and they fit nice, and I'm thinking of a body drop too, I want this girl way deep in the weeds, but I don't think I'll get her there, without cutting and relocating the out side fenders, moving them closer to the top of the bed, dunno...

(I liked this model subject so much I bought several of these kits and then started different chop schemes for different cab/bed combos and even a dually blazer body. All of which are WIPs as well.

I didn't realize how many of these I had bought (about 6 kits) until recently. Strangely, I configured all the body types for different builds and never considered doing the out-of-box body type.

Looks like I may have to buy another one. Coming along nicely. Can't wait to see what you do to finish it.)

FORDH8R,

I'm so digging this kit man, wish I'd got like 6 of them myself, all kinda ideas, are just flooding my lil brain, and I got to see some more of your avatar, I like it alot.

I'm busting my butt on this one tho....

OK been work'n plastic, I had an issue about the stance, well I think, I cant go no lower in the front, even went with a smaller front tire, Why Mr Unforgiven? the frame is now to the ground, so to speak, I almost have her all smooooooooth'd out, needs a few spots, but here in the next day or so, I'll post her in all primer, now I cant take her any lower in the rear without taking the fenders and moving them up higher on the outside, but I think she looks kinda wicked the way she sits now, cept for the mirrors, man they look like mickey mouse ears on this thing, well here are a few pic's, and please feel free to give your opinion, I would really like to hear it...

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

I liked this model subject so much I bought several of these kits and then started different chop schemes for different cab/bed combos and even a dually blazer body. All of which are WIPs as well. :P

I didn't realize how many of these I had bought (about 6 kits) until recently. Strangely, I configured all the body types for different builds and never considered doing the out-of-box body type. :lol:

Looks like I may have to buy another one. :lol: Coming along nicely. Can't wait to see what you do to finish it. :lol:

same here..... cool truck homie...

hay bro. the stance is money, but I wana say somthing aint flowin for me. I can,t put a finger on it . :o

Im thinking the front bumper not lining up with the rockers is what's getting me, maybe trim up the bottom of the bumper

or ,OR lower the rocker just a little , round it under so it dosent look like groung effects and that also lowers the stance.

I like the build no matter what ya do, Just thought I'd give my input cause you always shoot straight with me.

OH almost forgot. WHAT COLOR IS SHE GONA BE? :o

later bro....

mike (plumnuts) hall

hay bro. the stance is money, but I wana say somthing aint flowin for me. I can,t put a finger on it . :huh:

Im thinking the front bumper not lining up with the rockers is what's getting me, maybe trim up the bottom of the bumper

or ,OR lower the rocker just a little , round it under so it dosent look like groung effects and that also lowers the stance.

I like the build no matter what ya do, Just thought I'd give my input cause you always shoot straight with me.

OH almost forgot. WHAT COLOR IS SHE GONA BE? :mellow:

later bro....

mike (plumnuts) hall

Yea I see that now, :o theres a few more mods I have plan'd, for her, :o her kolor will be Teal Metallic, and White, :P I lowerd her as far as I could, like I said the frame in the front is so low now, I would have to shave the frame, to get it lower, but I do agree it's on the money, as she sits now, thank's for the straight shot...

That looks great!!! I love seeing the 1tons dropped in the weeds like that.

There is always at least one shop in any given town that has a lowered dually for thier shop truck/trailer towing rig/ grocerey / beer run truck.

my personal favorite are the one's with a 454 and a nice dual exhaust rumble as they come up along side at a stop light.

The smoothing also adds very nicely to the look , I never have like style lines on that series of pick-up.

OK seeing how no one is looking at the last update, I'll go ahead and sneak in some more update pic's :lol: I've smooooothd her out all my talent will allow, and the long pipe's gave me a stance I'm proud of, yep she's juuuust about ready for her first coat of Teal Metallic, tho I still have issues about the mirror mounts, one suggestion was to cut them out, who knows?,Yea I know there's a couple extra shot's, just showing the truck in different lighting

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

HEy buud,

Why don't you cut the air dam off the front bumper she'll look a whole lot better. I do that whenever I work on my, what I like to call sweet tooth trucks a.k.a "GM C/K Trucks". BTW you wouldnt happen to have those wheels and whatever of the left over kit parts from that 1 ton Chevy that you would be willin to part with, would ya?

Out,

Clutch

Edited by 67PontiacGTO

HEy buud,

Why don't you cut the air dam off the front bumper she'll look a whole lot better. I do that whenever I work on my, what I like to call sweet tooth trucks a.k.a "GM C/K Trucks". BTW you wouldnt happen to have those wheels and whatever of the left over kit parts from that 1 ton Chevy that you would be willin to part with, would ya?

Out,

Clutch

Well Bro the kit actuall came to me open, and didnt have tire's, the wheels or rims if you like came in the kit, and there really aint much to the kit, It's an AMT snap fast plus one C-3500 Street machine, if that give's you any help on getting the kit.

As for the taillights I had an old taillight from a chopd up Deora kit, that I cut into quarters, and file'd, then cut the bumper so the lights would fit, I still have to get the fit, just so, so...

That is as smooth as a baby's bottom

(that just sounds sooo wrong)

I was gonna say fill in the door handle more, I could see where it was.

But.

never mind..

Hack the mirror holders off.

Put some Roadster mirrors hanging high on the door.

Tail lights will look good.

i'm Waiting for color B)

hay bro. sorry I haven't tagged this thread for awhile. the side pipes are a must in my openion.and the bodywork looks good to me. the tail lights fit the stile I thing your lookin for so keep on keepin bro.

it's just a guess, but do you like the color blue? ;)

Well bro I got this Killer Teal Metallic, and you know what its sorta an off blue, but I gotta say that was one good guess, brother, well here is the kolor it's gonna be, I was thinking of going this kolor and white, but I dont think I'm gonna now, becouse the bed cover will be either black, or the same kolor, I may go black and this Teal, who knows?????

OUTSIDE SHOT, one coat of duplacolor enamel clear.

Picture025.jpg

INSIDE SHOT, still one shot of clear

Picture026.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

Well bro I got this Killer Teal Metallic, and you know what its sorta an off blue, but I gotta say that was one good guess, brother, well here is the kolor it's gonna be, I was thinking of going this kolor and white, but I dont think I'm gonna now, becouse the bed cover will be either black, or the same kolor, I may go black and this Teal, who knows?????

OUTSIDE SHOT, one coat of duplacolor enamel clear.

Picture025.jpg

INSIDE SHOT, still one shot of clear

Picture026.jpg

that is a cool color! the bed cover is a good break up point, thats alot of truck to be one color. I would try for the body color first and if it dosent work spray it black for the contrast. well thats my 2 cents. or in this economy maybe just one.