Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 dart street machine/resto-mod

Bobjernigan3

Hello everyone!!! Well after 20+ years I went to the ATL NNL show with my dad. Met some old friends, saw some amazing cars! Got a lot of inspiration!! 

So I figure it's time to start an old build again that had a horrible end. I started this car many years ago! After life and moving many times this is what I was left with. 

I'll be starting completely over, doing some things differently and some the same. I think at this point I'm keeping the same paint scheme. No vinyl top this time. And not going to do the 6.1L hemi this time... I think. We will see. 

Hope you guys enjoy the build. All feed back is welcome and encouraged!

20221107_123259.jpg

20221107_123150.jpg

20221107_123155.jpg

20221107_123204.jpg

Well.. got the body structurally supported so I can cut it open here soon. I need to get it all blocked and straight before I cut it open. But the wire will help keep the a-pillars from braking and the rockers from warping while I'm blocking it out for now. It will all get sanded cleaned up and hidden before the car is painted.20221107_215405.thumb.jpg.f6358ecf2c46c28e1fe5184bdfa90c91.jpg

20221107_215400.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 2:27 PM, Bobjernigan3 said:

I went to the ATL NNL show with my dad. Met some old friends, saw some amazing cars! Got a lot of inspiration!! 

I've been looking at the YT videos on that show and I'm inspired as well, that was a good show! I liked Doug Soukup's 60 Chevy (Orange and White)... Andrew Graf had some impressive builds and Jeremiah Purks was in there with several builds. I liked the Atomic Diner, the Pro street theme seemed to be on display with the weathered 55 Chevy, Hurst Olds, and 69 Camaro pacecar. 

Hope you can get the Dart sorted out agian. By the looks of it maybe the  Pro-touring movement of 2003 was in motion with the Chip Foose top/bottom paint scheme. 

On 11/20/2022 at 11:06 PM, disconovaman said:

I've been looking at the YT videos on that show and I'm inspired as well, that was a good show! I liked Doug Soukup's 60 Chevy (Orange and White)... Andrew Graf had some impressive builds and Jeremiah Purks was in there with several builds. I liked the Atomic Diner, the Pro street theme seemed to be on display with the weathered 55 Chevy, Hurst Olds, and 69 Camaro pacecar. 

Hope you can get the Dart sorted out agian. By the looks of it maybe the  Pro-touring movement of 2003 was in motion with the Chip Foose top/bottom paint scheme. 

Yea but it's kind what I've always built was along the touring/ street machine builds. Mild customs things like that. It's coming together. Slowly. Hard to find time these days.