Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello everyone! smilie_wave.gif

I have a question about the ZR1 in my signature. Is it worth anything? vettezr1hiperf.JPG

This is it, cept mine isnt sealed. . . and err. . It has age. :D

My name is Austin, im 13. . And hmm. . .I can tell you that me and my dad have 2 rooms in our house, and a storage room full of Model cars/tanks/trucks/air-planes. . .Rare or not we have it. . But not newer ones. . I bought my ZR1 and my Z/28 at a Carshow I just came home from for $10 and $8. :blink:

I'll get pictures of them tomorrow, i'm tired. :lol:

Edited by 1989 Monogram ZR1 # 2785

I got a sealed kit off ebay a couple years ago, I think I paid $15-$18 for mine...

for $10, you got a good deal!!

and welcome to the board!!!

always nice to see younger people getting into the hobby.

this place is great for ansking questions and learning new stuff.

Edited by LVZ2881

Welcome Austin. Glad to have you here.

The ZR-1 kit is an original issue, first version of that kit. Therefore it will have some elevated value over time.

How much and when is anyones guess, but it has already been around a while and you got it for near it's original price. That should tell you a couple things.

First, don't plan on getting rich by holding on to it. :P

Second, keep your eyes open cause good deals are out there. ;)

If you like the kit, you didn't do wrong. It obviously appeals to you.

It is very cool that you and your dad share this hobby together. That is, as they say, priceless. :P

Welcome Austin!

I'd say you got a good deal on that kit..............I built one years ago and it builds up pretty easily with no major fit issues.

There is one caveat of that model though.................the car that Revell modeled is actually of the prototype ZR-1 and not of the production car. The ZR-1 was introduced for the 1990 model year------Chevrolet changed the dashboard for all '90 'Vettes. Revell kitted this car while the ZR-1 was still in the prototype stage so the kit has the '89 dash.

It's no big deal if you just want a nice shelf model.............but to others who might want to find and build a rep stock ZR-1----------now you know! :P

BTW, AMT also did a ZR-1, and theirs had the correct dash. It's not as nice as the Monogram one IMO.

We have the Olds. Aerotech, no telling what else. :lol:

I know, just that I didnt know if I should build it or not. . I'll hold it a few more months to see what GM plans to do with Corvettes.

And thanks everyone. .

I believe on Ebay, all the AMT ones were Promos and or Revells.....

Thanks, If I have $100 that guy had some old kits for cheap. . My Camaro was $8.

Now, when I build it if I do. . Shall I save the Box because Monogram is no more? And the box art?

:D

I am a Corvette lover, and I suppose i'm a builder. .

But when I start building something, I..I want to build something else. :lol:

I just remembered we have pictures of our model cars. . Well I do. :lol:

Photo0086.jpg

Photo0088.jpg

The pictures are bad. B)

wow i have like 10 models lol. id save the box. if you dont want the vette, you can offer it up in the swap trade or free section and see what offers youll get.