Model Cars Magazine Forum

48ft Drop Deck Trailer

27 minutes ago, youngtiger1 said:

Thanks Gary, that is exactly what I needed to see. Looking through your pics I see you used 2 Auslow sets to complete the axles/springs. Also, auslow sets include metal rod for axles rod to give extra strength…nice touch. I don’t think I have seen anyone else offer that. 

To bad about KFS closing doors they had some good stuff. I was told their molds were sold to various businesses so they will be produced again down the road.

Again, thank you 🙏 so much for your help. Keep on Truckin.

7C507EBB-DC76-4308-B95C-BE9DF1C4F106.jpeg

Try STSupply in Canada, typically has them in stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, navyphantom said:

Very very nice clean work. Are you winging this, or do you have drawings, or pictures to scale from? She's real nice!

Both, there is a trucking company down the street from my house and I have been stealing pictures and measurements, as well as internet research. 

27 minutes ago, Dutzie said:

The project looks great. Way more skill than I can ever dream of. 

Interesting that when I see your builds, I think “which I had the skills to finish builds like Dutzie does” we all have our strengths and weaknesses. I am a toolmaker by trade and love making stuff, just don’t finish well.