Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scam alert - Chuck Boerner's email hacked

gbdolfans

I got an email from a scammer that hacked into chuck's email.

It goes like this: I need to get an Amazon gift card for my niece. It’s her birthday today. I tried purchasing them myself but my card got declined. Could you help to get them on Amazon for me and have them sent to her email address? Let me know so I can provide you with her email address. Thanks

I went to Chuck's facebook site and it is posted that it was hacked.

BEWARE!!!!

I got scams emails all time and I delete them all the time. How do I know it’s a scam? Knowing it’s either you won a gift card from yadda yadda yadda,  a package is ready for delivery, email similar to what you received, etc...

The holidays are ripe for these types of scams. If you don’t recognize the email - even a misspelling is your biggest clue. Just delete them, don’t open it. Be vigilant in your email! 

I would never bother checking a FB page after that incident. 

Oh yeah.... that’s why I will never open a FB account. I have zero desire to open one. I’ve got better things to do than check a FB page.... like spending time with family and on the bench building kits.