Model Cars Magazine Forum

Daniel Suarez 2022 Camaro first cup win

MarkJ

Finished my first Nextgen Camaro and I really enjoyed it. 

It took 88.5 hours, roughly about 2 months. This was Daniels first cup win car. He pretty much dominated the field for Trackhouse Racing at Sears Point. I came up with a way to hold the body to the chassis without gluing it. I will post the process in the tips and tricks forum. It's a pretty easy deal and it's not visible, except when you remove the body.

dan1f.jpg

dan2f.jpg

dan3f.jpg

dan5f.jpg

dan6f.jpg

dan10f.jpg

dan12f.jpg

dan15f.jpg

dan16f.jpg

dan17f.jpg

dan18f.jpg

dan19f.jpg

dan20f.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dragline said:

What a beautiful car.. You did a fantastic job on those decals and the chassis looks outstanding.

My question is... How large was that decal sheet? There must have been 2.

Bob, actually there were three sheets. One was bigger than the other two. And they were excellent sheets. After I ordered the Elliot kit they made a Suarez kit but it wasnt the first win car.

• Thanks 1

I never thought I'd see Mark Johnson building a contemporary NASCAR car. The shock is almost more than I can bear.

I followed your wip and was completely amazed with your build. However, I won't be joining you in one of these adventures. Way too much crazy stuff for my limited building abilities. I'll have to stick to the "old-timers" that I'm used to. 

Beautiful work sir, and I'm 100% impressed with both your idea and your execution. You are way above my head.

4 hours ago, Old Coyote said:

I never thought I'd see Mark Johnson building a contemporary NASCAR car. The shock is almost more than I can bear.

I followed your wip and was completely amazed with your build. However, I won't be joining you in one of these adventures. Way too much crazy stuff for my limited building abilities. I'll have to stick to the "old-timers" that I'm used to. 

Beautiful work sir, and I'm 100% impressed with both your idea and your execution. You are way above my head.

Thanks, John. They are not all that hard to build. You just have to make sure you put the parts in correctly. Some parts can be installed upside down, but if you do, then you cannot proceed because the next part has no place to go. I have to blame Trackhouse racing for giving me the incentive to build a couple of these. They came on the scene this year with two drivers that have really added a lot of excitement to the sport. I will eventually get back to the vintage cars after I get through with my next new one. Plus, they are kind of expensive.

4 hours ago, bbowser said:

Well done!  I really enjoyed the WIP and intend to refer to it often on my next build.  Waiting for someone to do the Chastain Martinsville livery.

Thanks, Bruce. Make sure when you do the decals that you do all the big decals first. if there are any that border the grille opening, they will overlap the opening just a little bit so you have to put the grille decal on after you do those. I found that out the hard way.