Model Cars Magazine Forum

Really nice dull/flat finish.

There 2nd or 3rd gen? I've been eyeing this stuff for awhile myself, AK makes good products.  Been wanting to try the satin and matte myself.  Not sure about the 2nd gen but the 3rd gen i know needs thinning with there acrylic thinner.

Edited by Dpate

On 1/10/2023 at 6:36 PM, Dpate said:

There 2nd or 3rd gen? I've been eyeing this stuff for awhile myself, AK makes good products.  Been wanting to try the satin and matte myself.  Not sure about the 2nd gen but the 3rd gen i know needs thinning with there acrylic thinner.

The instructions say to thin with acrylic thinner, if necessary.  I haven't had to thin it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

When I search, it comes up as a varnish. Is that the stuff, and can it be used over any paint? Thanks!

F2B27507-4E3F-4FAD-9770-FBFA67689EEC.jpeg

5D278166-7A2C-46C1-B90C-D52B49025015.webp

Yeah I'm sure you can i think it's an acrylic.  But the ultra is 2nd gen and can only find regular matt in 3rd gen.  EDIT: Found the 3rd gen, but it's on there site can't find it any where else, and says Soluble in water, odorless and non-toxic so def acrylic. 

Edited by Dpate