Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for 67 Shelby GT350 decals

lordorion1974

I want to build a white with blue stripe Shelby, but I can't find blue stripes for it.

If anyone has a spare set, or know what kit has them, or even if you can point me towards a website where I can get them, I'd appreciate it.

My google-fu and bing-fu aren't coming up with anything.

Thanks in advance!

Use the stripes from a 1966 or 1965 kit.  They are the same on the lower door/rocker panel, but the G.T. 350 part is just moved a bit between a 1966 and a 1967.  You will need 2 sheets to address this different placement and length differences, as the 1967 was longer.  Also, from all of my reading, NO 1967 SHELBY GT 350s LEFT THE FACTORY WITH THE Le Mans STRIPES.  These were a dealer installed option, with apparently NO input from Shelby whatsoever.  Go to the link below, open it up and used Ctrl+F in the browser and type in stripes and the first match will help explain this: https://www.diyford.com/shelby-mustang-history-1967-gt350-gt500-longer-shelby/

1966 placement:

4401_p15_l.jpg.3ba5ffce51b15560315afdfb162cd30e.jpg

1967 placement:

1456846067_1967FordMustangGT350SHELBYRe-Production1.JPG.371168e7b6a26150d202ca7e18374cae.JPGhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FXDgmmvQerA/U16zzcLOARI/AAAAAAAABfE/9K8v6laZBPg/s1600/1967+Ford+Mustang+GT350+SHELBY+Re-Production+1.JPG 

Wow, thanks for the feedback!

Fomocomav, I read that entire article and found the whole history of the development of the '67 to be fascinating, especially with all of the design pitfalls.  Lots of great reference photos too, much appreciated.

vamach1, thanks for the email link, I appreciate it.

Glad I could help.  I have that set that vamach1 told you to look into, and if he is still in business, he CAN make them in blue, as that is the color I have.  I've had it for years now, and can't let it go.  I only bought what I had kits and plans for.  But any of the 1966 blue sets will work for  you.  Unfortunately, even if the 1967 kit came in blue, the door stripes aren't usable because of how thick the stripes and letter is.  AMT has some amazing decal sheets coming out lately, but the 1967 Shelby kit decals are not among them.