Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri 1/12 Lancia Delta HF

I should have been posting these pictures as I went along.  A little less than 2 months ago I purchased the Italeri 1/12 Lancia Delta HF.  And I had all the intentions from the beginning to paint it yellow and make it the Camel/Clarion sponsored car from the 1989 Swedish Rally.  This was a good challenge but it has went together really good with no problems what-so-ever.  I have added a lot of details that is not furnished in the kit, and to numerous to list here.  You can see in the pictures I tried to add as much detail as I could.  There were a few things I changed like the color of the suspension arms....I didn't want them to be painted silver as they would just blend into the chassis.  The chassis is completely done and I'm now onto doing the body.  This has been my most detailed kit to date and I absolutely love it.  Hopefully will get it done in the next week or so.  

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG

• Like 1

Nice to this version Marcus ! I´m bulding this  too. I can see that you didn´t use the resin hood from the Reji decals set. My hood was to "small" so I had to glue plasticcard on the sides and the back.

but the fit is long way from perfect. Yes, it´s a very nice kit, no major problems , only my set of nuts and bolts for the wheels didn´t match.

Thomas

5 hours ago, maysula said:

Nice to this version Marcus ! I´m bulding this  too. I can see that you didn´t use the resin hood from the Reji decals set. My hood was to "small" so I had to glue plasticcard on the sides and the back.

but the fit is long way from perfect. Yes, it´s a very nice kit, no major problems , only my set of nuts and bolts for the wheels didn´t match.

Thomas

The resin hood I got fit really good with no gaps.....but...I didnt use it because the motor interferes with it and it wont sit down all the way.  As for the nuts and bolts for the wheels....I didnt use them anyway.  I installed my own wheel studs and used different bolts to attach the wheels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

The work and pictures are over the top. Great work and results. So many fun areas to detail and easy to appreciate due to the large scale. Wondering about the length of the model.

The model is about 12 1/2" long and 5 1/2" wide.

• 3 weeks later...