Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speed City Resin

Here's a quote from his web site:

"We have very little time right now to re-making molds and casting resin.
"Speed City" is not our main source of income, but is more of a a hobby/business. Thank you."

So he's working hard elsewhere (one might assume) and if you want something that's out of stock you have to send him an email request.

One might ask: what happened to Holthaus's masters? I'm surprised it wasn't divided up somehow to other casters.

Cheers,

Doc

1 hour ago, Dr Crapologist said:

Here's a quote from his web site:

"We have very little time right now to re-making molds and casting resin.
"Speed City" is not our main source of income, but is more of a a hobby/business. Thank you."

So he's working hard elsewhere (one might assume) and if you want something that's out of stock you have to send him an email request.

One might ask: what happened to Holthaus's masters? I'm surprised it wasn't divided up somehow to other casters.

Cheers,

Doc

Thanks Doc for pointing that out. He’s had that posted for some time. He didn’t want people ordering more than two of anything, as not to deplete his inventory. With the exception of “little time right now to remake molds”. My bad. I didn’t see that part earlier. He’s got some great stuff. Hopefully things will get back into full swing. 

Tom, we tag teamed that fine. You pointed out he is still in business and I mentioned the subtext of emailing and getting on a waiting list. I sent him an email of my wants and he pointed me to the "order form" so I'm going to order (and pay) and see what develops. Scott mentioned he has no set due dates so I'm going to assume he's not going to stock much in the future so you pay your money and he'll get to work. We've all seen how this works with cottage industries; after a successfull decade or so making not a lot of money and little appreciation they suffer burnout and wind up doing things as requested before they pull the plug. Hope he can maintain productivity for another decade, he's got a lot of great stuff as evidenced by the photographs of builtups.

A lot of his product was done in co-operation with Whoopie Kat decals which is now totally defunct. If I had the energy of a twenty year old I'd buy his platforms and make myself a job and get burned out too!

Best wishes,

Doc