Model Cars Magazine Forum

'41 Chevy Truck

Andy Wyatt

41t2.jpg

Revell '41 Chevy, built for a swap with mhadman. Duplicolor Black over HOK Sunrise Pearl. Wheels and tires from a Revell '40 Ford convertible kit.

41t5.jpg

Kit supplied stovebolt 6 cylinder plumbed and wired.

41t4.jpg

Bed boards painted using Lyle Willits technique that he was kind enough to share. Coated with a mixture of Future and yellow and red food coloring to make them look like they have shellac on them.

41t7.jpg

41t8.jpg

The license plates didn't turn out as sharp as I've seen other peoples...not sure what I did wrong there...the whole deal was supposed to have been done almost a year ago...it started out as a '60 Chevy truck (which might emerge as a curbside someday), then a '56 Del Ray that got pitched against my dining room wall...building something for a friend is fun but very nerve wracking! Thanks for looking.

Very nice work, Andy!! It's exactly what I thought I'd see when I saw that you had posted it.

Is your printer running low on ink? That might be one reason why the plate didn't come out like you wanted.

Is this what you were trying to make?

license_20090219161003_617121-vi.jpg

For 1:25th scale, I copy the image into PowerPoint as a Picture (Enhanced Metafile), then scale it down to 0.25" x 0.50".

I hope that this helps!

Later,