Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

I backdated this 1/67 scale Atlantis cold War Douglas B-26 invader to a WW2 Douglas A-26 invader I had to remove the molded in usaf lettering from the wings and the molded in plane name lil nell and plane number and the molded in us air force from the tail I painted all the parts Tamiya ts-28 olive drab and then painted the yellow wingtip and propeller and engine cowling accents with paint brush and yellow acrylic craft paint I used a ultra fine tip yellow paint marker to write usaaf on the wings and us army air force on the tail as well as the new number I painted the usaaf logo on the wings with paint brushes and white and dark blue acrylic craft paints I also painted the figures to match ww2 usaaf bomber jackets crush caps and flight suits

I have a ww2 era recording of into the wild blue yonder playing in the background of the video

20230506_233518.jpeg

20230506_233711.jpeg

20230506_233620.jpeg

20230506_233751.jpeg

20230506_233804.jpeg

20230506_233742.jpeg

20230506_233602.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice clean build of this classic kit. I'm loving the oldies that Atlantis is bringing back; sometimes you just want a simpler build, and with attention to build quality and proper paint, they can make for very nice display pieces as you have proven. Good job.

2 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Nice clean build of this classic kit. I'm loving the oldies that Atlantis is bringing back; sometimes you just want a simpler build, and with attention to build quality and proper paint, they can make for very nice display pieces as you have proven. Good job.

Thank you and I agree I plan to get more of these atlantis kits I know the next two i plan on getting the the b-24 liberator and the b-25 Mitchell kits