Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1965 Mustang Coupe. Assembly Question.

I remember reading the Kit review in SAE when this first came out, in 2010-2015 or so. I believe Bob Downie built it.

I seem to recall that there were stacking/spacing issue with the Front End Frame/Radiator/Chassis interface, there was even a photo.

Does anybody have the issue, and can they tell exactly what to look for, and how it got fixed?

Thanks.

Alan

Edited by stavanzer

Maybe your thinking of a different Mustang kit, Alan.

The AMT '66 coupe is proverbially "old as dirt" and I'd know as it's as old as I am. 😁

It's a pretty simple kit based on the promos. One piece chassis and the rad wall is just one piece also. Shouldn't be any fit problems.

Edited by Can-Con

That was an extended review in the Feb 2013 issue. The issue is with the chassis plate, it has some raised mounting pads that place the front too high. The author just hacked them off. Then in doing so, the engine would interfere with the hood, so you need to grind the oil pan cross member on the chassis plate to lower the engine in the bay.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, Mustang fan said:

That was an extended review in the Feb 2013 issue. The issue is with the chassis plate, it has some raised mounting pads that place the front too high. The author just hacked them off. Then in doing so, the engine would interfere with the hood, so you need to grind the oil pan cross member on the chassis plate to lower the engine in the bay.

Hope this helps!

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...