Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brockway cab over question

Good Evening,

Question for truck modelers that have built Brockway's or are knowledgeable about Brockway's in general. I have a 457 cabover Aitm resin conversion. Just wondering what the interior color would be. Mine has the later model dashboard. Being Brockway used the Mack F model cab I am assuming the early interiors would be green like the Mack b model, dm, and r with the steel dash, and the late dash would be tan like the macks of the 80's or the Brockway 700 series conventionals that used Mack cabs. Any info would be appreciated or reference pictures of a later model interior of a Brockway cab over. Not much for images with a Google search.

Edited by tractoraholic

23 hours ago, Jim B said:

Did you try here: https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_brochures/brockway/

Not sure if it'll have the information you need, though.

Thanks for that link. The brochures were greàt about giving specs for truck but no interior photos. I did find what I was looking for under the Overdrive magazine files on that site. The May 1971 issue had a whole feature on Brockway cabover trucks and the redesign of the dashboard from steel to the modern style like in my resin conversion.  The pictures are black and white, but it shows a lighter color dash with woodgrain panels for gauges and switches etc. So I would assume it would be tan like a f model Mack. That's what I'm going to run with being I'm building a fleet truck. 

Thanks again for that site, lots of great info

Many , not all, of the Brockways I peeked into during their annual homecoming show in Cortland, had a light green interior. There of course were several redone in a variety of colors..ya can't go wrong ! It's always enjoyable checking out the trucks being restored, that the owners were able to get road worthy. Not a cabver, but still a special truck that made an appearance a few yrs ago20210814_115017.thumb.jpg.0ebad564694dc1c919524afbb985f9db.jpg

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Many , not all, of the Brockways I peeked into during their annual homecoming show in Cortland, had a light green interior. There of course were several redone in a variety of colors..ya can't go wrong ! It's always enjoyable checking out the trucks being restored, that the owners were able to get road worthy. Not a cabver, but still a special truck that made an appearance a few yrs ago20210814_115017.thumb.jpg.0ebad564694dc1c919524afbb985f9db.jpg

Thanks,

every brock I've seen had a green interior also and some later ones had tan, I did drive a 1976 Brockway 761 Roll off back in 2000 and it had a mack cab with a tan interior. Never been in a Brockway cabover.That mixer in the picture is a neat looking Brockway, if I recall, someone on this form built that exact same truck with the AITM cab conversion and challenge mixer and it was very well built and detailed.

I think that brown and tan interior would be right. There is a picture of a 457 and a picture of a 459 on Ebay for sale. They both look to me like they have brown and tan interior. I also found a 459 on the internet that looked to have brown and tan interior. I thought that I had reference pictures, but they were the old interior. The 457 had the inline diesel and the 459 had the v configuration. I built an AITM 457 daycab a couple of years ago, but it was the old style and I painted the interior green. Like has already been mentioned, interiors were changed, so you can't really go wrong. If I were building a newer interior version, I would go with tan and brown.