Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Mer-Rodder 1934 500K street rod

Custom Hearse

Update.... It's up on it's tires. Next comes the body work, and then I'll start the engine on it. I've thought about scratchbuilding a V-12 Hemi for it, and have drawn up a design for it. Meanwhile, here's a couple of update pics of it....

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

Let me know what you think....

How about an Electro-Motive engine.......no wait......that's probably bigger than the whole car :blink::lol:

Hmmm.... I don't know about you and Jim.... B):blink:

You cut up a johan benz.

You

Are

offically

My

HERO

LOL.

As long as you don't start singing the song "Hero".... :lol::huh::lol: :lol:

Thanks guy's! I'll have another update soon!

Up date....

I've started the engine for this build. A friend of mine gave me 2 Hemi engines from a pulling tractor kit (thanks Rick), and I set to work cutting and chopping them up, and turning them into a V-12 Hemi. Here's what I've gotten done so far....

Here's the engines before i started them....

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

And after....

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

I'll have another update soon....

I'm loving this build :)

I did a photoshop of a benz rod awhile back. You are going a different direction but I figured I'd share.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks K.K. I appreciate the reply.

I like your idea for the Mercedes. Especially the center of the car, with the new windshield, and re-working of the doors. The tires might be a bit small. but you could always use 18 to 20 inch wheels on it. What I'm interested in is what engine you would use? If it were me, I'd probably use a 454 Chevy. I think that would make a great cruiser. Thanks for sharing that with me!

Tonight I worked on the engine a little more. I used some putty on the engine at the bottome to fill in the words stamped on the block "ARIAS HEMI", since it was cut in 2. I then cut the side of the hood off, so I can estimate how far below the bottom of the hood the super charger will sit. I might have to cut a hole in the hood....

Here's the original hood....

IMG_1790.jpg

And the hood sides cut off with a view of the supercharger....

IMG_1940.jpg

This is just an estimate at this point, but I still need to locate some motor mounts on the frame. More than likely the engine will sit at this height, giving it enough room for the oil pan.

Another update soon....

:lol: We have ordered the hug yourself sport coat for you, and the padded cell, also "it" will be your nurse !!!!

Yup.... You're not the first one to get me a coat like that!17.gif

This rod looks kool in pics------ but looks even kooler in person, I hope you finish this one some time before the end of time :wacko::lol::lol:

Keep up the good work my friend

I'll have an update soon for you....

Edited by Custom Hearse

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't get a chance to do anything on it, so when I do, I'll update it.... Hopefully soon.

Take yer time Marshall. Gives us all more time to play with ours, instead of lookin' at yours ;)

Funniest thing :o , been havin' trouble with my Fotki, not being able to post up pics 'n @, so what

do I do? I goes back to the bench and gets busy! So, yeah, take yer time.........but HURRY UP! :lol: