Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spartanburg IPMS "The Forbidden Contest"

TarheelRick

Anyone going to the show in Spartanburg this weekend?  Look for an overweight, old guy wearing a red Ford pickup shirt and stop by and say "Hey".  Oh yeah, bring some money to help supplement my retirement. I will have many different subjects for sale, not just cars.

It is an IPMS show sponsored by Spartanburg Scale Modelers being held at American Legion Post 26, 94 W. Park Drive, Spartanburg, SC.  They have 19 judged adult categories and 7 junior categories.  After the show I plan on going over to the Beacon and get a big greasy hamburger and a bucket of fries. 😋

These are the three I did take.  That thing on the right was a real scratchbuilt piece of work.  The Main body is a plastic kitchen bowl, all the hatches around the outside are shampoo bottle lids, the flat disc is a plastic plate. It is hard to see but just after the light on the right side is a gray plastic protrusion which was an ink tape holder for a Corona typewriter.  I would love to see the wiring on the inside of this thing.

20230715_101638.jpg

20230715_102559.jpg

20230715_105449.jpg

• Like 1